13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 3:13 PM by fac586

Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2

smike84

Hi,

I have a problem with an application of version 4.2 in its visualization, I imagine it is the customized theme.

I've been doing Apex updates since then, up to version 18.1

and I did not have any problem.

But now that I update to version 18.2 the application is not displayed well?

Can somebody help me,

ps.

I reinstalled the application on another server with Apex 18.1 and it works fine.

Checked is the version of Apex 18.2

Help.

Mike

• 1. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
          fac586

smike84 wrote:

I have a problem with an application of version 4.2 in its visualization, I imagine it is the customized theme.

What "customized theme" are you referring to? Please provide more detail.

Note that all 4.2 themes are now desupported. Any custom themes based on them should also be considered obsolete, and migration to the Universal Theme factored in to the upgrade project.

I've been doing Apex updates since then, up to version 18.1

and I did not have any problem.

But now that I update to version 18.2 the application is not displayed well?

What does "not displayed well" mean? Can you reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com? If not, you may post screen shots to illustrate this.

ps.

I reinstalled the application on another server with Apex 18.1 and it works fine.

Checked is the version of Apex 18.2

If the application has been moved to a different environment, or the upgrade has included changes to ORDS then it is probable that static application file and RESTful service support is not properly configured: Theme roller generated CSS not found by ORDS

• 2. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
            smike84

Thanks for your answer,

Is an application developed in 4.2, the theme appears with a custom name,

for me it was created, but I do not know where to see if it belongs to a theme of 4.2?

I'm sure that in version 18.1 it works well, but now that it goes to version 18.2 it does not work well anymore, the deployment of the application.

Login screen, where it appears well, Apex 18.1

and login screen in Apex 18.2,

It must be a new feature in Apex 18.2

or a function that is no longer compatible.

That's why I thought maybe it was something with Theme ??

If you can help me, this application is in production.

If not maybe a correct procedure, to return version 18.2 to version 18.1

Thank you,

Mike.

• 3. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
              Pierre Yotti

Look at the Apex users if there are locked?

• 4. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                smike84

No, if the users are working now, but the application screens are unconfigured.

• 5. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                  fac586

smike84 wrote:

Is an application developed in 4.2, the theme appears with a custom name,

for me it was created, but I do not know where to see if it belongs to a theme of 4.2?

I'm sure that in version 18.1 it works well, but now that it goes to version 18.2 it does not work well anymore, the deployment of the application.

Login screen, where it appears well, Apex 18.1

and login screen in Apex 18.2,

It's clear from this that the theme CSS is not being loaded. It sounds like you do not have much experience in working with themes. If possible, upload the application to apex.oracle.com and share guest developer credentials for the workspace here.

If you are unable to do that, view the page source of the login page in the browser, copy the <head> section, and post it here (as text, not a screenshot).

• 6. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                    smike84

No, I'm sure I do not have much experience in Themes..

Here the page source.

<!--[if HTML5]><![endif]-->

<!doctype html>

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=edge" />

<!--[if lt IE 7 ]> <html class="ie6 no-css3" lang="en-us"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 7 ]> <html class="ie7 no-css3" lang="en-us"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 8 ]> <html class="ie8 no-css3" lang="en-us"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 9 ]> <html class="ie9" lang="en-us"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html lang="en-us"> <!--<![endif]-->

<head>

<!--[if !HTML5]>

<![endif]-->

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>Login</title>

<link rel="icon" href="/i/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/i/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/app_ui/css/Core.min.css?v=18.2.0.00.12" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/app_ui/css/Theme-Standard.min.css?v=18.2.0.00.12" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/libraries/jquery-ui/1.12.0/jquery-ui-apex.min.css?v=18.2.0.00.12" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/legacy_ui/css/5.0.min.css?v=18.2.0.00.12" type="text/css" />

<style type="text/css">

.login_selectlist {
                    border: 1px solid #CCCCCC !important;
                    color: #666666 !important;
                    display: block !important;
                    font-size: 19px !important;
                    height: 42px !important;
                    line-height: 22px !important;
                    margin-bottom: 16px !important;
                    padding: 7px !important;
                    width: 443px !important;
                    box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset !important;
                    transition: border 0.1s ease 0s, box-shadow 0.1s ease 0s !important;
                    }
                    </style>

<script>

var apex_img_dir = "/i/", htmldb_Img_Dir = apex_img_dir;
                    </script>

<script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/desktop_all.min.js?v=18.2.0.00.12"></script>

<script src="wwv_flow.js_messages?p_app_id=150&p_lang=en-us&p_version=18.2.0.00.12-72216113"></script>

<script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/legacy_pre18.min.js?v=18.2.0.00.12"></script>

<script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/legacy_18.min.js?v=18.2.0.00.12"></script>

<script src="/i/libraries/jquery-migrate/3.0.0/jquery-migrate-3.0.0.min.js?v=18.2.0.00.12"></script>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/cloud/app_theme/css/4_1.css">

<script src="/i/cloud/app_theme/js/4_1.js"></script>

</head>

• 7. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                      Scott Wesley

It looks like certain supporting files are not being loaded.

Open your browser tools (typically F12) and check for errors in the console.

This will give you further clues as to the likely configuration issue.

• 8. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                        smike84

PROBLEM SOLVED,

Indeed the first idea was to see the page source, and then the web console. where it said:

Failed to load the <script> with origin "https://apex.com:8080/i/cloud/app_theme/js/4_1.js"

Then checked in the Apex 18.2 version the directory does not exist: c:\..\apex\images\cloud   and all its sub-directories (\cloud\app_them   \cloud\img   \cloud\libraries)

everything points to that they are libraries of version 4.1 that do not exist anymore ??

Solution;

copy the complete directory c:/oracle/apex/images/cloud (that in the version of Apex 18.1 if it still exists) or previous versions

1) where you have installed your apex 18.2  c:/../apex/images/

2) In my case I have installed Oracle Glassfish, c:/../glassfish/domains/domain1/docroot/i/

3) Stop Glassfish and Restart

and ready..

The question now is to the developers of Apex, Why this directory no longer exists (Apex 18.2) and why it is not in the documentation of changes.

Thanks everyone for your help,

Mike.

• 9. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                          Scott Wesley

Looks like it could be a theme from 4.1 that's still using jQuery mobile, hence the removal from 18.x.

As fac586 mentioned, these themes are now deprecated. I didn't realise this was a hard line in the sand, and the supporting objects would no longer be included in the /images folder.

I guess this will be a consideration for all moving forward with APEX versions, that do have legacy applications not using the Universal Theme. That being said, I've checked and see the 18.2 /images/themes folder still contains supporting files from the legacy themes. I realise Anychart files were removed, but I thought it might have been a bit rough to remove old theme content.

So I'm curious how your application came about, using that particular folder.

• 10. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                            fac586

Scott Wesley wrote:

Looks like it could be a theme from 4.1 that's still using jQuery mobile, hence the removal from 18.x.

As fac586 mentioned, these themes are now deprecated. I didn't realise this was a hard line in the sand, and the supporting objects would no longer be included in the /images folder.

I guess this will be a consideration for all moving forward with APEX versions, that do have legacy applications not using the Universal Theme. That being said, I've checked and see the 18.2 /images/themes folder still contains supporting files from the legacy themes. I realise Anychart files were removed, but I thought it might have been a bit rough to remove old theme content.

So I'm curious how your application came about, using that particular folder.

I have certainly never come across it before, and web searches for "/i/cloud/app_theme/css/4_1.css" only turn up instances of this file in APEX installations. From a cursory inspection it appears to be a 4.1-era fork of Theme 26. I suspect that this is actually the theme used for the APEX-based portal/management application in the early days of Oracle Cloud. Quite how someone ended up using it as the basis for a custom application theme is the question exercising my mind as well.

If my theory about this theme is correct then I think that Oracle have simply removed that directory tree from the build because it is no longer required on Oracle Cloud and of course no one else will be using it. They should have learned from experience very early on and recognised that once the genie is out of the bottle you can only put it back by incurring the considerable annoyance of the genie and those who have come to rely on him.

Regarding deprecation/desupport of themes and features, I doubt that this will result in wholesale permanent deletion of resources from /images. There is so much disorganized junk in there that it is probably better to leave it well alone. The removal of the AnyChart Flash components probably has more to do with licensing and security considerations than it does to housekeeping purposes.

Resources added in recent releases are better organized in a more modular structure. The best way to deal with this mountain of bit rot would be to split the Universal Theme and the associated properly structured resources off into a new directory tree and then down the line make installation of the legacy /images folder optional.

• 11. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                              fac586

Crickets...tumbleweed...

I abhor an unsolved mystery.

• 12. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                                Lakshmi Narayana H-Oracle

Same Issue raised for me. after changing the customized templates I created back to Standard Template, Issue got resolved.

• 13. Re: Problem with theme of 4.2 in 18.2
                                  fac586

Lakshmi Narayana H-Oracle wrote:

Same Issue raised for me. after changing the customized templates I created back to Standard Template, Issue got resolved.

So perhaps you can explain (1) how you discovered this theme and (2) why you were using it?