1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 10:09 PM by jgarry

Inbox is empty...

L. Fernigrini

Does anyone else have this problem? I logged out yesterday and had around 10 discussions / questions still pending in the inbox. When I logged in today, the inbox was empty (I usually find 30-40 threads early on the morning when I log in) and nothing else shows in the inbox.

If I enter in the inbox, it is empty (or shows threads more than one day old when I unmark the "only not read" option

If I go to any of the forums I follow, I see that there is activity..:

I logged uout, cleared the cache and cookies, etc, but the inbox cotinues empty. Does anyone has any idea of what the problem may be?

• 1. Re: Inbox is empty...
          BluShadow

Not seen that behaviour for a long time myself.  All seems to be working ok for me.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Inbox is empty...
            Dude!

I can only confirm that there isn't much going on, but as I recall, the problem of a stalled inbox pointer does no necessarily affect everyone. Perhaps something needs the boot. Is Chitrasai1-Oracle around?

• 3. Re: Inbox is empty...
              Chitrasai1-Oracle

Yes Dude! I am here

I tested the reported issue but it works fine for me.My team also tested  to be double sure and it looks good there.

We are not able to reproduce the issue.

Any other users having issues with inbox?

• 4. Re: Inbox is empty...
                L. Fernigrini

The problem seems to have disappeared (actually, "mutated"), I entered a few minutes ago and I have 25 items in the inbox, pretty much the usual number of things I see on the mornings...

The oldest thread "unread" I see is from 8 hours ago, lets say 4/5 AM GMT... So around that time my inbox started "receiving" threads (just in case you want to check if something happened around that time).

When I uncheck the option to see just unread items, all unread items disappear... (that's why I said that the problem "mutated") but the red icon showing unread items still show 20....

But I can see new threads when the option is selected:

• 5. Re: Inbox is empty...
                  EdStevens

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

Yes Dude! I am here

I tested the reported issue but it works fine for me.My team also tested to be double sure and it looks good there.

We are not able to reproduce the issue.

Any other users having issues with inbox?

Yes.  In fact, I stumbled across this thread as I was getting ready to post about it myself.

• 6. Re: Inbox is empty...
                    Chitrasai1-Oracle

Looks something is wrong.

I will ask my technical team to look into it .

• 8. Re: Inbox is empty...
                      mNem

Facing the same issue for over 24 hours now. If I tick the checkbox for unread items the new items are shown. When unchecked neither the recent read items nor the unread items are shown.

• 9. Re: Inbox is empty...
                        EdStevens

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

Looks something is wrong.

I will ask my technical team to look into it .

For what it may or may not be worth, before this started, (about a day before ?) it seemed we were back to the 'random inbox' issue reported some time back.  With that issue after clicking through several items, changing their status from un-read to read, clicking 'inbox' would bring them all back again.

• 10. Re: Inbox is empty...
                          L. Fernigrini

Yes, now I remember that that happened last Tuesday, it may be of some help to those trying to figure out the causes of the problem.

• 11. Re: Inbox is empty...
                            Chitrasai1-Oracle

UPDATE-Our development team confirms we do not have any issues in back end server.

Workaround provided by our Dev team for unread items issue,

You may want to read any other unread items first to ensure you don't mark anything read that you might possibly forget to read later. Because you can typically resolve this by going to your inbox and clicking on the "Mark all read" button on that page. This should mark everything as read and typically resolve the issue.

Please try out this and report back if it resolves the issue.

• 12. Re: Inbox is empty...
                              EdStevens

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

UPDATE-Our development team confirms we do not have any issues in back end server.

Workaround provided by our Dev team for unread items issue,

You may want to read any other unread items first to ensure you don't mark anything read that you might possibly forget to read later. Because you can typically resolve this by going to your inbox and clicking on the "Mark all read" button on that page. This should mark everything as read and typically resolve the issue.

Please try out this and report back if it resolves the issue.

FWIW, I did nothing on my end to resolve this, and it has now "resolved itself".

• 13. Re: Inbox is empty...
                                Chitrasai1-Oracle

Glad it resolved

• 14. Re: Inbox is empty...
                                  L. Fernigrini

Yes, the main problem was solved on thursday/friday (at that moment, new threads started appearing on the inbox), the additional issue (they disappeared once you unselected the "show only unread items" box) got fixed during the weekend.

I will mark the thread as answered.

Thanks for your support,

Lisandro

1 2 3 Previous Next