1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2018 12:58 PM by Christian Berg

Query Stiching in OBIEE 12c

Dear All,

I am creating report using 2 fact tables and with confirmed dimensions, when i am running the report i am getting data as inner joins of these 2 queries rather then Full Outer Join.

I checked the logs and can see 2 queries of each fact in the logs , however its not showing any stitched query or full outer join queries in Logs.

If i am not wrong in 11g log provides 3 queries 2 individual query and one stitched query.

Can anyone help me to identify where i can get the stitched query , does it requires any configuration.

Hope i am clear with my question.

Regards,

Tarang Jain

• 1. Re: Query Stiching in OBIEE 12c
          Christian Berg

1.) BI Publisher "report" or OBI "analysis"? That's two totally different technologies! Be precise.

2.) "conformed dimensions". Not "confirmed dimensions". https://www.kimballgroup.com/data-warehouse-business-intelligence-resources/kimball-techniques/dimensional-modeling-tech…

3.)

3733726 wrote:

when i am running the report i am getting data as inner joins of these 2 queries rather then Full Outer Join.

I checked the logs and can see 2 queries of each fact in the logs , however its not showing any stitched query or full outer join queries in Logs.

If i am not wrong in 11g log provides 3 queries 2 individual query and one stitched query.

Can anyone help me to identify where i can get the stitched query , does it requires any configuration.

It's not necessarily a question of 11g vs 12c but a question of: "Is your model actually correct"?

The query you can get by pushing your log level to 7. Either for the whole OBIS through by setting the log level to 7 in the RPD or in the SQL prefix section of the analysis by using "SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=7;"