0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 9:04 PM by 3290630

Upgrading obiee 11.1.1.6 to 11.1.1.7, error when updating BI Domain->  INST-08066: Weblogic cluster ‘bi_cluster’ is not present in this domain.

During the upgrade process to obiee 11.1.1.7, I encountered a problem. I was able to run the installer for 11.1.1.7 and it was complete. Then when I was running E:\OFMHomeDev\Oracle_BI1\bin\config.bat, it error out. I have attached the details screenshot and log files. Every time I tried it give slightly error which mostly related to it can not connect to Oracle WebLogic Administrator server. I was able to ....:7001/console and pull up weblogic so not sure what is causing this error. Below is the exact error. I am 100% sure it was an enterprise install and now i am just trying to upgrade it so eventually I can move to BI 12c.

INST-08066: Weblogic cluster ‘bi_cluster’ is not present in this domain. This may be because the BI System is created through “Simple Install” Option which is not supported for scale out and update domain

I am using windows server 2008r2 and Sql server 2008 r2 backend database.

Please help if anyone encountered similar issue and find the resolution or if you have any suggestions.

thanks

Dipak