1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2018 12:23 PM by 3650254

I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

Hello Friends,

I am working on the Integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2 as Identity Store, but could not find any clear document regarding the prerequisites steps such as extending the Microsoft Active Directory Schema before this integration.

Earlier for this integration, I was referring to relevant case study document "OIM/OAM 12c Step-By-Step SSO Integration Case Study ( Doc ID 2393062.1 )" and the Oracle® Fusion Middleware Integration Guide for Oracle Identity Management Suite 12c (12.2.1.3.0).

I had performed integration steps as per the "Step-by-step Procedure for OIG-OAM Integration Using Automated Script" approach.

While executing the "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -prepareIDStore", I came across few errors and came to know that using the prepareIDStore we can only extend the Oracle Directory Products [OID, OUD] schema but it does not work with Microsoft Active Directory. And there is no mention of extending the schema of Microsoft Active Directory to create prerequisite objects such as groups, users, attributes, classes, etc. in Microsoft Active Directory.

I could not find any appropriate document in OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 documentation library. However when I tried to search the OIM and OAM 11g documentation and found the below Reference link

Reference link: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52734_01/core/IMEDG/imedg_ldap.htm#IMEDG30486 and its related section as below on how to extend schema of Microsoft AD: -

Based on above link, I manually corrected and imported the following ldif files in my Microsoft Active Directory Server.

1. 1. AD_OracleSchema.ldif
      2. 2. ADUserSchema.ldif
      3. 3. AD_oam_pwd_schema_add.ldif

After this, I tried to extend the schema of Microsoft Active Directory using ldifadd.sh, extendadschema.sh file with below Reference Documents but could not succeed hence I further researched and manually corrected the ldif files [adOIMSchema.ldif,  adOAMEnable.ldif , adOIMLanguageSubtype.ldif,] on Microsoft Active Directory

A) https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/admin.1112/e28212.pdf -

Section “9.4.3.2 Configuring Active Directory for Use with Access Manager and Oracle Identity Manager” the ldapadd -h command didn’t worked.

B) https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52734_01/core/IDMPV/IDMPV.pdf -
      On Microsoft Active Directory I manually performed all steps in section “3.2 Preparing an Existing Microsoft Active Directory Instance for Use with Oracle Identity and Access Management”.

Then tried to perform steps in Section5.3 Manual Deployment Tasks When Using Microsoft Active Directory for an Integrated Topology

While executing the ./extendadschema.sh -h ADHOST -p ADPORT –D -D administrator@example.com -AD dc=example,dc=com> -OAM true, but it failed with below error:

Error: Could not find or load main class oracle.ods.virtualization.engine.util.ADSchemaExtendUtil

Can you please guide me on resolving above errors / provide a correct document link to refer on achieving the above mentioned integration in OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with proper sequence of steps?

Really appreciate your help in this.

Thanking you in anticipation.

• 1. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD
          Srinath Menon-Oracle

Hi,

Please review the following documentation link for details related to preconfiguring AD for integration :

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52734_01/oim/IDMIG/app_oid_oim.htm#CACGABEE

Section : E.1.1.1 Preconfiguring Active Directory

Once this is completed , then follow the steps mentioned after that and the KM article (apart from the oud) to complete it .

If you are still facing any specific issue with the steps, post it here so that someone can provide inputs related to it .

Thanks,

Srinath

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

Hi Srinath,

Thank you so much for sharing the exact section no and step no and documentation link for details related to pre-configuring AD for integration.

Several times I tried to extend the schema of Microsoft Active Directory using ldifadd.sh, extendadschema.sh file but could not succeed due to below error, hence I further researched and manually corrected the ldif files [ADUserSchema.ldif, AD_oam_pwd_schema_add.ldif, adOIMSchema.ldif,  adOAMEnable.ldif , adOIMLanguageSubtype.ldif,]  and imported them on Microsoft Active Directory successfully.

-bash-4.4$ ./extendadschema.sh -h PHIC-TEST.PHILHEALTH-TEST.org -p 389 -D NDPHADMIN@PHILHEALTH-TEST.org -AD dc=PHILHEALTH-TEST,dc=org -OAM true

Error: Could not find or load main class oracle.ods.virtualization.engine.util.ADSchemaExtendUtil

Then as you mentioned, I followed the steps in the "OIM/OAM 12c Step-By-Step SSO Integration Case Study ( https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?parent=SrDetailText&sourceId=3-18603539854&id=2393062.1Doc ID 2393062.1 )"

So far able to complete following steps from above case study link:

2.3.3 Step-by-step Procedure for OIG-OAM Integration Using Automated Script

• Preparing IDStore

• Configuring OAM

• Populating OHS Rules

• Configuring WLS Authenticator providers

However while performing step "• Configuring LDAP Connector" getting an error as below:

=============================

[2018-11-06 03:07:45] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: exception: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException

- with linked exception:

[Exception [EclipseLink-25004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.6.5.v20170607-b3d05bd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException

Exception Description: An error occurred unmarshalling the document

Internal Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-target-template.xml (No such file or directory)]

[2018-11-06 03:07:45] Local Exception Stack:

Exception [EclipseLink-25004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.6.5.v20170607-b3d05bd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException

Exception Description: An error occurred unmarshalling the document

Internal Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-target-template.xml (No such file or directory)

at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException.unmarshalException(XMLMarshalException.java:120)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:350)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:360)

at org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBUnmarshaller.unmarshal(JAXBUnmarshaller.java:141)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.unmarshallXML(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1155)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:436)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.processCommand(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:149)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.main(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1162)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-target-template.xml (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:343)

... 6 more

[2018-11-06 03:07:45] System.exit: CONNECTOR_CONFIGURATION_FAILED

[2018-11-06 03:07:45] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  4

=============================

In relation to this error, I checked https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?_afrLoop=199257063576783&id=2463518.1&displayIndex=1&_afrWindowMo… , so checked the below patch :

• OIM 12.2.1.3.180713 bundle patch

This Patch has been Superseded.

Reason
            Patch 28116785 is super set of 27704994.
            Note
            This patch was originally replaced by patch 28116785. The most recent replacement for this patch is 28492345.
            Replacement Options (Patches or Patchsets known to Include or Supersede this Patch)
            28116785IDM SUITE BUNDLE PATCH 12.2.1.3.180717Patch
            28492345IDM SUITE BUNDLE PATCH 12.2.1.3.181016Patch

Based on above information, in fact I had already applied the latest bundle patch "IDM SUITE BUNDLE PATCH 12.2.1.3.181016" on my OIM/OIG and OAM servers before starting the OIG-OAM integration steps.

Can you please guide if any other steps, I can perform to fix the above error occurring while executing "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector"?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best Regards,

Myrlte

• 3. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD
              Srinath Menon-Oracle
              Internal Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-target-template.xml (No such file or directory)]

I assume you have applied OIM BP03 patch set and from this patch set onwards the note's section related to renaming the .xml files is not needed anymore. Just restore the file names to original name and rerun the configureLDAPConnector stage , this issue will be resolved.

• 4. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

Thanks for your the inputs.

Yes I verified the application of the BP 03 patch set on OIG/OIM and OAM Servers.

I also renamed the below xml files to their original name at /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/

1.ad-pre-config.xml_bak renamed to ad-pre-config.xml - Updated this file as below

<LookupValue repo-type="RDBMS" id="LKV7938">

<LKV_UPDATE>1488267786000</LKV_UPDATE>

<LKV_ENCODED>Bundle Version</LKV_ENCODED>

<LKV_LANGUAGE>en</LKV_LANGUAGE>

<LKV_COUNTRY>US</LKV_COUNTRY>

<LKV_DISABLED>0</LKV_DISABLED>

<!--<LKV_DECODED>12.3.0.0</LKV_DECODED>-->

<LKV_DECODED>12.3.0</LKV_DECODED>

</LookupValue>

<LookupValue repo-type="RDBMS" id="LKV2858">

<LKV_UPDATE>1488972338000</LKV_UPDATE>

<LKV_ENCODED>Bundle Version</LKV_ENCODED>

<LKV_LANGUAGE>en</LKV_LANGUAGE>

<LKV_COUNTRY>US</LKV_COUNTRY>

<LKV_DISABLED>0</LKV_DISABLED>

<!--<LKV_DECODED>12.3.0.0</LKV_DECODED>-->

<LKV_DECODED>12.3.0</LKV_DECODED>

</LookupValue>

2.ad-target-template.xml_bak renamed to ad-target-template.xml - Updated this file as below

<!-- <advanceConfig name="Bundle Version" value="12.3.0.0" required="false" displayName="Bundle Version"/> -->

<advanceConfig name="Bundle Version" value="12.3.0" required="false" displayName="Bundle Version"/>

3.ad-auth-template.xml_bak renamed to ad-auth-template.xml - No updates required in this fie.

After this, I have again executed the "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector". This time I managed to overcome the errors faced in earlier attempt,but now got following error:-

====================

[2018-11-06 18:14:31] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Created authoritative application SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget

[2018-11-06 18:14:31] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: replacing password in /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-target-template.xml with %IDSTORE_BINDDN_PWD%

[2018-11-06 18:14:31] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: attempting to mark applications as non-requestable in the catalog...

[2018-11-06 18:14:31] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: found 1 catalogs.

[2018-11-06 18:14:31] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: entity-name: SSOTarget requestable: true

[2018-11-06 18:14:33] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: result-success: true message: Catalog with name SSOTarget successfully Updated. exception: null

[2018-11-06 18:14:33] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: catalog SSOTarget successfully updated.

[2018-11-06 18:14:33] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: xellerateOrgKey = 1

[2018-11-06 18:14:34] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Custom group resource object not found. Directly importing pre-config.xml /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-06 18:14:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: exception: com.thortech.xl.ddm.exception.DDMException: Import failed for entity : 'ObjectGUID' which is of type : 'AttributeDefinition', with the following error message :ATTRIBUTE_SIZE_DECREASED

[2018-11-06 18:14:50] com.thortech.xl.ddm.exception.DDMException: ATTRIBUTE_SIZE_DECREASED

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.api.impl.APIManager.updateInstance(APIManager.java:476)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.api.impl.APIRepository.handleRootImport(APIRepository.java:380)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.visitor.ApiImportVisitor.visitStarted(ApiImportVisitor.java:23)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.data.datatypes.SchemaInstance.traverse(SchemaInstance.java:260)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.SchemaInstanceFacade.performImport(SchemaInstanceFacade.java:479)

at com.thortech.xl.ejb.beansimpl.tcImportOperationsBean.performImport(tcImportOperationsBean.java:1274)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntfEJB.performImportx(Unknown Source)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntf_uawk3z_tcImportOperationsIntfRemoteImpl.__WL_invoke(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.invokeInternal(SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.java:54)

at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.invoke(SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.java:21)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntf_uawk3z_tcImportOperationsIntfRemoteImpl.performImportx(Unknown Source)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntf_uawk3z_tcImportOperationsIntfRemoteImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.activation.ActivatableServerRef.invoke(ActivatableServerRef.java:98)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$2.run(BasicServerRef.java:534)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:368)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:163)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:531)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.wls.WLSExecuteRequest.run(WLSExecuteRequest.java:138)

at weblogic.invocation.ComponentInvocationContextManager._runAs(ComponentInvocationContextManager.java:352)

at weblogic.invocation.ComponentInvocationContextManager.runAs(ComponentInvocationContextManager.java:337)

at weblogic.work.LivePartitionUtility.doRunWorkUnderContext(LivePartitionUtility.java:57)

at weblogic.work.PartitionUtility.runWorkUnderContext(PartitionUtility.java:41)

at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.runWorkUnderContext(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:644)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:415)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:355)

Caused by: oracle.iam.configservice.exception.AttributeValidationFailedException: ATTRIBUTE_SIZE_DECREASED

at oracle.iam.configservice.utils.ConfigurationUtil.validateUpdate(ConfigurationUtil.java:1324)

at oracle.iam.configservice.impl.handlers.ModifyAttributeValidationHandler.validate(ModifyAttributeValidationHandler.java:63)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OIMEvent.executeHandlers(OIMEvent.java:204)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.MonitoredOIMEvent.invokeExecuteHandler(MonitoredOIMEvent.java:99)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.MonitoredOIMEvent.executeHandlers(MonitoredOIMEvent.java:69)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OIMEvent.execute(OIMEvent.java:157)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.ProcessImpl.executeStage(ProcessImpl.java:223)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OIMProcess.doStageExecution(OIMProcess.java:38)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.ProcessImpl.execute(ProcessImpl.java:182)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.MonitoredOIMProcess.execute(MonitoredOIMProcess.java:33)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.Utils.manageSyncProcessing(Utils.java:73)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OrchestrationEngineImpl.doProcessing(OrchestrationEngineImpl.java:357)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OrchestrationEngineImpl.orchestrate(OrchestrationEngineImpl.java:349)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OrchestrationEngineImpl.orchestrate(OrchestrationEngineImpl.java:330)

at oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl.OrchestrationEngineImpl.orchestrate(OrchestrationEngineImpl.java:325)

at oracle.iam.configservice.impl.ConfigManagerImpl.updateAttribute(ConfigManagerImpl.java:369)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:318)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at oracle.iam.platform.utils.LoggerInterceptor.invoke(LoggerInterceptor.java:55)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at oracle.iam.platform.utils.DMSMethodInterceptor.invoke(DMSMethodInterceptor.java:37)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy569.updateAttribute(Unknown Source)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.api.handler.AttributeDefinitionHandler.updateObject(AttributeDefinitionHandler.java:196)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:318)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at oracle.iam.platform.utils.DMSMethodInterceptor.invoke(DMSMethodInterceptor.java:37)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy635.updateObject(Unknown Source)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.api.impl.APIManager.updateInstance(APIManager.java:464)

... 24 more

====================

• 5. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD
                  Srinath Menon-Oracle

/export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-06 18:14:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: exception: com.thortech.xl.ddm.exception.DDMException: Import failed for entity : 'ObjectGUID' which is of type : 'AttributeDefinition', with the following error message :ATTRIBUTE_SIZE_DECREASED

[2018-11-06 18:14:50] com.thortech.xl.ddm.exception.DDMException: ATTRIBUTE_SIZE_DECREASED

Only the files that were renamed should be restored to original name, the changes done for the details in the files should not be changed as in should be set as mentioned in the doc and article .

So, the values in the files would be as per the doc but the file name would be original name.

• 6. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

As per your inputs, I have reverted back the changes made now in below files: -

1. ad-pre-config.xml

2. ad-target-template.xml

3. ad-auth-template.xml

After this I again run the "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector". command and this time it overcomes above errors and now below error occurs:-

I checked about this error and found that there was a Bug 27799154 OIM_SERVER_NAME VALUE IS NOT EFFECTIVE and it was fixed in the version 12.2.1.3.180717 or higher. So I have higher version in my OIM-OAm Environment.

Do we need to perform any SSOIntegrationMXBean related settings on OIM and OAM server, before running the "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector"?

==================

[2018-11-06 23:00:21] Connection to domain runtime mbean server established

[2018-11-06 23:00:21] SSOIntegrationMXBean name: oracle.iam:Location=oim_server1,name=SSOIntegrationMXBean,type=IAMAppRuntimeMBean,Application=oim

[2018-11-06 23:00:21] LDAPConnectorConfigTool: got SSOIntegrationMXBean: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy47

[2018-11-06 23:00:21] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: exception: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

[2018-11-06 23:00:21] javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Unable to contact MBeanServer for oracle.iam:Location=oim_server1,name=SSOIntegrationMXBean,type=IAMAppRuntimeMBean,Application=oim

at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime.internal.FederatedMBeanServerInterceptor.lookupMBeanServerRequired(FederatedMBeanServerInterceptor.java:155)

at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime.internal.FederatedMBeanServerInterceptor.getAttribute(FederatedMBeanServerInterceptor.java:314)

at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase$17.run(WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.java:466)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.getAttribute(WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.java:464)

at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.internal.CallerPartitionContextInterceptor.getAttribute(CallerPartitionContextInterceptor.java:177)

at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServer.getAttribute(WLSMBeanServer.java:283)

at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.internal.JMXConnectorSubjectForwarder$5$1.run(JMXConnectorSubjectForwarder.java:308)

at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.internal.JMXConnectorSubjectForwarder$5.run(JMXConnectorSubjectForwarder.java:306)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:368)

at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.internal.JMXConnectorSubjectForwarder.getAttribute(JMXConnectorSubjectForwarder.java:301)

at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1445)

at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$300(RMIConnectionImpl.java:76)

at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1309)

at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1408)

at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getAttribute(RMIConnectionImpl.java:639)

at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:645)

at weblogic.invocation.ComponentInvocationContextManager._runAs(ComponentInvocationContextManager.java:352)

at weblogic.invocation.ComponentInvocationContextManager.runAs(ComponentInvocationContextManager.java:337)

at weblogic.work.LivePartitionUtility.doRunWorkUnderContext(LivePartitionUtility.java:57)

at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.runWorkUnderContext(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:644)

[2018-11-06 23:00:21] System.exit: CONNECTOR_CONFIGURATION_FAILED

[2018-11-06 23:00:22] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  4

Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  {4}

configureLDAPConnector execution failed.

Please check the log for error messages, make appropriate corrections, and rerun the step.

==================

• 7. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

After the troubleshooting I realized that, I have made a mistake in configureLDAPConnector.config file. In this file I gave a wrong OAM WLS Host machine ip for OIM_WLSHOST: field , actually it should be OIM WLS Host Machine IP. After correcting this field value, I ran the "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector". command and this time it overcomes above errors and now below error occurs which is related to "Failed to update the job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation with Application Name=SSOTarget"

=================================

[2018-11-07 03:21:59] Connection to domain runtime mbean server established

[2018-11-07 03:21:59] SSOIntegrationMXBean name: oracle.iam:Location=oim_server1,name=SSOIntegrationMXBean,type=IAMAppRuntimeMBean,Application=oim

[2018-11-07 03:21:59] LDAPConnectorConfigTool: got SSOIntegrationMXBean: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy47

[2018-11-07 03:22:00] current value of targetAppInstanceName=SSOTarget

[2018-11-07 03:22:00] proposed value of targetAppInstanceName=SSOTarget

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] new value of targetAppInstanceName=SSOTarget

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] current value of targeITResourceNameForGroup=SSO Server

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] proposed value of targetITResourceNameForGroup=SSO Server

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] new value of targetITResourceNameForGroup=SSO Server

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] current value of directory type=AD

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] proposed value of directory type=AD

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] new value of directory type=AD

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] LDAPConnectorConfigTool: ERROR: SSO Connector Server IT Resource instance values not set. Please visit Sysadmin UI -> IT Resource to update SSO Connector Server details

[2018-11-07 03:22:03]

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] Updating the schedule jobs to update the SSO trusted and target parameters

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] Updating for job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation { Application Name : SSOTarget }

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] Failed to update the job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation with Application Name=SSOTarget

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

java.lang.NullPointerException

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.updateJobParameter(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1143)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.lambda$null$1(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:77)

at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:116)

at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:580)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.lambda$updateReconJobs$2(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:71)

at java.util.HashMap.forEach(HashMap.java:1289)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.updateReconJobs(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:69)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1095)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.processCommand(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:149)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.main(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1162)

[2018-11-07 03:22:03] System.exit: UPDATE_JOB_PARAMETERS_FAILED

[2018-11-07 03:22:04] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  3

Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  {3}

Please check the log for error messages, make appropriate corrections, and rerun the step.

=================================

This run attempt created the necessary Application Instance, Authoritative Application Instance, IT Resource Instance,

ApplicationHeaderLogoSSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget SSOTrusted-for-SSOTargetActiveDirectoryNoYes
                      ApplicationHeaderLogoSSOTarget SSOTargetActiveDirectoryNoNo

IT Resource Name        IT Resource Type   
                      SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget    ActiveDirectory 
                      SSOTarget    ActiveDirectory 
                      SSO Server   SSO Server 
                      SSO Connector Server   (I have manually created this IT Resource Name as it was not created by script)  Connector Server 

Although as per the above error message part "LDAPConnectorConfigTool: ERROR: SSO Connector Server IT Resource instance values not set. Please visit Sysadmin UI -> IT Resource to update SSO Connector Server details" and referring section "D.4 Updating IT Resource Instance Details for Directories" of [Oracle® Fusion Middleware Integration Guide for Oracle Identity Management Suite 12c 12.2.1.3.0] document, I have manually created the IT Resource Instance "SSO Connector Server" and again ran the script "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector" but still found that there are no SSO Jobs created, please see below errors:

==============================

[2018-11-07 05:16:24] Updating the schedule jobs to update the SSO trusted and target parameters

[2018-11-07 05:16:24] Updating for job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation { Application Name : SSOTarget }

[2018-11-07 05:16:24] Failed to update the job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation with Application Name=SSOTarget

[2018-11-07 05:16:24] java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.updateJobParameter(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1143)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.lambda$null$1(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:77)

at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.lambda$updateReconJobs$2(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:71)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.updateReconJobs(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:69)

at oracle.iam.sso.oam.impl.LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector(LDAPConnectorConfigTool.java:1095)

[2018-11-07 05:16:24] System.exit: UPDATE_JOB_PARAMETERS_FAILED

[2018-11-07 05:16:24] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  3

==================================================

Can you please advice on this error?

Many thanks.

• 8. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD
                        Srinath Menon-Oracle

What is the latest BP that you have applied on this server environment ? Post applying the BP , have you run patch_oim_wls.sh script as mentioned in the Patch readme ? The same issue has been mentioned as fixed in the latest version.

Checking further to confirm the exact steps to resolve the issue .

• 9. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

Thanks again for sharing your inputs

Yes you are right the latest bundle patch fixed the same issue.

Please see below details of the latest BP that I had already applied on the OIM Server, also had executed the patch_oim_wls.sh script as mentioned in the patch readme.

Patch 28682376: OIM BUNDLE PATCH 12.2.1.3.0(ID:20180920212839)

Patch  28682376     : applied on Fri Oct 19 18:46:57 PHT 2018

Unique Patch ID:  22458049

Patch description:  "OIM BUNDLE PATCH 12.2.1.3.0(ID:20180920212839)"

However as you pointed out in your earlier reply, I  realized that I had made a mistake of updating the below files as per the instructions applicable for OID/OUD and not the Active Directory as specified in the "Oracle® Fusion Middleware Integration Guide for Oracle Identity Management Suite 12c (12.2.1.3.0)."

1. ad-pre-config.xml

2. ad-target-template.xml

3. ad-auth-template.xml

But by that time the script "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector"  has already created the relevant  IT Resources, Application Instance and Applications as well but failed with "Failed to update the job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation with Application Name=SSOTarget"

Hence in order to revert back, restored the original versions of the above mentioned 3 xml files. Then I have deleted above mentioned IT Resources, Application Instances. I could not find any proper way to delete the 2 Applications created earlier by "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector".

So when again I attempted to execute "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector"  script,  it created below IT Resource "SSO Target"

View IT Resource Details and Parameters
                          You can view additional information about this IT resource :

IT Resource Namehttp://172.21.50.181:14000/xlWebApp/images/spacer.gif  SSOTarget
                          IT Resource Typehttp://172.21.50.181:14000/xlWebApp/images/spacer.gif  ActiveDirectory

Parameter Value
                          ADLDSPort  
                          BDCHostNames  
                          Connector Server Name SSO Connector Server
                          Container dc=PHILHEALTH-TEST,dc=org
                          DirectoryAdminName oimLDAP@PHILHEALTH-TEST.org
                            DirectoryAdminPassword **********
                          DomainName PHILHEALTH-TEST.org
                          IsADLDS no
                          LDAPHostName PHIC-TEST.PHILHEALTH-TEST.org
                          SyncDomainController  
                          SyncGlobalCatalogServer  
                          UseSSL no

But does not created the other IT Resources [SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget, SSOTarget], and I think that I again need to manually create the Connector Server "SSO Connector Server" as it is not created by the script

And got following error: -

===========================================================================================================

ARGS(2): -configureLDAPConnector

opt(2): -configureLDAPConnector

[2018-11-08 04:28:21]

[2018-11-08 04:28:21] ==================================================

[2018-11-08 04:28:21] Executing configureLDAPConnector

[2018-11-08 04:28:21] --------------------------------------------------

[2018-11-08 04:28:21]

[2018-11-08 04:28:22] LDAPConnectorConfigTool::installPropertyFile: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/config/configureLDAPConnector.config

Enter User Password for oimLDAP@PHILHEALTH-TEST.org:

Confirm User Password for oimLDAP@PHILHEALTH-TEST.org:

[2018-11-08 04:28:36] OIMIntegrationAutomationTool.getEnvironment: serverURL: t3://172.21.50.181:14000

[2018-11-08 04:28:36] Dump of environment follows:

[2018-11-08 04:28:36]     java.naming.factory.initial::weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

[2018-11-08 04:28:36]     java.naming.provider.url::t3://172.21.50.181:14000

Enter User Password for xelsysadm:

Confirm User Password for xelsysadm:

[2018-11-08 04:28:47] getOIMClient: WLS_OIM_SYSADMIN_USER: xelsysadm

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: installMediaPath: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] Utils.log::isDirExists():/export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0 ? true

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: targetConnectorPath: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-target-template.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: targetPreConfigPath: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: targetAuthTemplatePath: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-auth-template.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:50]

[2018-11-08 04:28:50]

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Found existing pre-config files: [/export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-pre-config.xml]

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: backing up: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-pre-config.xml to: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-pre-config.xml.bak

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: backup result: true

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: copy /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-target-template.xml to /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-target-template.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: copy /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-pre-config.xml to /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: copy /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//ad-auth-template.xml to /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-auth-template.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:50] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: unmarshall ootb template: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/ad-target-template.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:51] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: connector version: 12.2.1.3.0

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: bundle version: 12.3.0.0

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: bundle version: 12.3.0.0

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: connector version: 12.2.1.3.0

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: inserting LDAP password into /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-target-template.xml

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: appName: SSOTarget

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: authApplicationName: SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Target Application Instance Basic Configuration:

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: Connector Server Name = SSO Connector Server

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: DomainName = PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: SyncDomainController =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: DirectoryAdminName = oimLDAP@PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: ADLDSPort =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: UseSSL = no

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: BDCHostNames =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: Container = dc=PHILHEALTH-TEST,dc=org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: IsADLDS = no

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: LDAPHostName = PHIC-TEST.PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: SyncGlobalCatalogServer =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52]

LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Authoritative Application Instance Basic Configuration:

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: Connector Server Name = SSO Connector Server

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: DomainName = PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: SyncDomainController =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: DirectoryAdminName = oimLDAP@PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: ADLDSPort =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: UseSSL = no

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: BDCHostNames =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: Container = dc=PHILHEALTH-TEST,dc=org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: IsADLDS = no

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: LDAPHostName = PHIC-TEST.PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Attr: SyncGlobalCatalogServer =

[2018-11-08 04:28:52] Creating application SSOTarget

oracle.iam.application.exception.ProvisioningConfigurationException: Exception during creation of Resource SSOTarget. Error code: DOBJ.GEN_ERROR and Exception: Duplicated Name is not allowed : Duplicated Name is not allowed.

[2018-11-08 04:28:53] oracle.iam.application.exception.ProvisioningConfigurationException: Exception during creation of Resource SSOTarget. Error code: DOBJ.GEN_ERROR and Exception: Duplicated Name is not allowed : Duplicated Name is not allowed.

at oracle.iam.application.impl.util.ProvisioningUtil.handleLegacyDataObjFailure(ProvisioningUtil.java:518)

at oracle.iam.application.impl.util.ProvisioningUtil.createResource(ProvisioningUtil.java:260)

at oracle.iam.application.impl.ProvisioningConfigManagerImpl.addProvisioningConfig(ProvisioningConfigManagerImpl.java:270)

at oracle.iam.application.impl.ApplicationManagerImpl.create(ApplicationManagerImpl.java:910)

at oracle.iam.application.impl.ApplicationManagerImpl.create(ApplicationManagerImpl.java:788)

at oracle.iam.platform.utils.LoggerInterceptor.invoke(LoggerInterceptor.java:55)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy572.create(Unknown Source)

at oracle.iam.application.api.ApplicationManagerEJB.createx(Unknown Source)

at oracle.iam.application.api.ApplicationManager_27ryir_ApplicationManagerRemoteImpl.__WL_invoke(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.invokeInternal(SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.java:54)

at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.invoke(SessionRemoteMethodInvoker.java:21)

at oracle.iam.application.api.ApplicationManager_27ryir_ApplicationManagerRemoteImpl.createx(Unknown Source)

at oracle.iam.application.api.ApplicationManager_27ryir_ApplicationManagerRemoteImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:645)

at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableServerRef.invoke(ClusterableServerRef.java:246)

[2018-11-08 04:28:53] System.exit: CREATE_APPLICATION_INSTANCE_FAILED

[2018-11-08 04:28:54] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  9

Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  {9}

===========================================================================================================

After the research about deleting Applications [SSOTarget] in OIM 12c, I found that there is no way to delete them without "Uninstalling Connectors"

Reference Link: https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12213/oig/OMUSG/managing-application-onboarding.htm#OMUSG-GUID-D58FE97C-6FAE-407C-9EDD-681E1F2255F2

Functions21.9 Deleting Applications

You cannot delete applications from Oracle Identity Self Service.

In some situations, such as when the application creation process fails, the system may contain partially committed applications. To remove partially committed applications from the system, run the connector uninstall utility, as described in Uninstalling Connectors in Administering Oracle Identity Governance.

I cannot uninstall the Active Directory Connector as I have another Connector Server "Active Directory Connector Server" which is already used in other IT Resources and OIM Functionalities.

Is there anyway to fix this problem, or the last alternative is only to rollback OIM Server state to previous state before executing "configureLDAPConnector" step?

Best Regards

• 10. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD
                            Srinath Menon-Oracle

You can set a new name for the target application instead of SSOTarget, say "AppforSSO" and re run the steps which would then overcome the duplicity issue.

• 11. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

As you suggested, I have changed the target application instead of SSOTarget to "AppforSSOTarget and ran the script "configureLDAPConnector"  and the previous error was overcome and it has created following objects:

Created Applications: -

1.SSOTarget

2.SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget

Note: When I tried to "Test Connection" of these Applications then I got an error: -[Test connection failed Internal Server Error Error connecting to application SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget :: Connector Server SSO Connector Server is not configured properly.]

Created Application Instances: -

1.SSOTarget

Created IT Resource Names: -

IT Resource Name -> IT Resource Type

1.SSOTarget -> Active Directory

2.SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget -> Active Directory

However I can see that the "SSO Connector Server" was not seen in IT Resource page, the script does not created it.

Finally the script halted again and I got following error related to "SSO Group":

[2018-11-09 03:34:54] Attr: LDAPHostName = PHIC-TEST.PHILHEALTH-TEST.org

[2018-11-09 03:34:54] Attr: SyncGlobalCatalogServer =

[2018-11-09 03:34:54] Creating application SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 03:36:22] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Target application instance SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 03:36:22] Creating application SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 03:36:30] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Created authoritative application SSOTrusted-for-SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 03:36:30] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: replacing password in /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-target-template.xml with %IDSTORE_BINDDN_PWD%

[2018-11-09 03:36:30] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: attempting to mark applications as non-requestable in the catalog...

[2018-11-09 03:36:30] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: found 1 catalogs.

[2018-11-09 03:36:30] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: entity-name: SSOTarget requestable: true

[2018-11-09 03:36:32] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: result-success: true message: Catalog with name SSOTarget successfully Updated. exception: null

[2018-11-09 03:36:32] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: catalog SSOTarget successfully updated.

[2018-11-09 03:36:32] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: xellerateOrgKey = 1

[2018-11-09 03:36:33] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Custom group resource object not found. Directly importing pre-config.xml /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-09 03:36:36] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: exception: com.thortech.xl.ddm.exception.DDMException: Import failed for entity : 'SSO Group' which is of type : 'Resource', with the following error message :Duplicate RRL

[2018-11-09 03:36:36] com.thortech.xl.ddm.exception.DDMException: Duplicate RRL

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.rdbms.datatypes.data.TableInstance.finishDataObject(TableInstance.java:845)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.rdbms.impl.RDBMSRepository.finishdataObject(RDBMSRepository.java:973)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.visitor.ImportVisitor.dataDependencyVisitComplete(ImportVisitor.java:632)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.repositories.rdbms.impl.RDBMSRepository.handleDataBaseDependencies(RDBMSRepository.java:697)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.data.datatypes.SchemaInstance.traverse(SchemaInstance.java:300)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.data.datatypes.SchemaInstance.visitChildren(SchemaInstance.java:390)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.data.datatypes.SchemaInstance.traverse(SchemaInstance.java:306)

at com.thortech.xl.ddm.engine.SchemaInstanceFacade.performImport(SchemaInstanceFacade.java:479)

at com.thortech.xl.ejb.beansimpl.tcImportOperationsBean.performImport(tcImportOperationsBean.java:1274)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntfEJB.performImportx(Unknown Source)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntf_uawk3z_tcImportOperationsIntfRemoteImpl.__WL_invoke(Unknown Source)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntf_uawk3z_tcImportOperationsIntfRemoteImpl.performImportx(Unknown Source)

at Thor.API.Operations.tcImportOperationsIntf_uawk3z_tcImportOperationsIntfRemoteImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.rmi.internal.activation.ActivatableServerRef.invoke(ActivatableServerRef.java:98)

[2018-11-09 03:36:36] System.exit: CONNECTOR_CONFIGURATION_FAILED

[2018-11-09 03:36:36] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  4

Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  {4}

With reference to your earlier suggestion about duplicate target application instance error, now I will try to rename the "SSO Group" to  "SSO Group1" in "AD-OAM-pre-config.xml" and will then try again to run the script "./OIGOAMIntegration.sh -configureLDAPConnector"

Hope for the best.

Many thanks.

• 12. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

I have renamed the "SSO Group" to  "SSO Group1"  and "SSO Organizational Unit" to "SSO Organizational Unit1"  in "AD-OAM-pre-config.xml"

and ran the script again and observed that 16 SSO related jobs created, and "Test Connection" of below Applications were successfull.

1.SSOTarget

Also I can see that the "SSO Connector Server" was seen in IT Resource page, the script does created it thistime. Only thing is still below error occurred:

==========================

[2018-11-09 04:33:23] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: replacing password in /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-target-template.xml with %IDSTORE_BINDDN_PWD%

[2018-11-09 04:33:23] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: attempting to mark applications as non-requestable in the catalog...

[2018-11-09 04:33:23] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: found 1 catalogs.

[2018-11-09 04:33:23] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: entity-name: SSOTarget requestable: true

[2018-11-09 04:33:24] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: result-success: true message: Catalog with name SSOTarget successfully Updated. exception: null

[2018-11-09 04:33:24] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: catalog SSOTarget successfully updated.

[2018-11-09 04:33:25] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: xellerateOrgKey = 1

[2018-11-09 04:33:25] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Custom group resource object not found. Directly importing pre-config.xml /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/idm/server/ConnectorDefaultDirectory/activedirectory-12.2.1.3.0/xml/AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-09 04:33:56] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Direct importing of pre-config.xml completed

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: FAILED to create group resource object. Try manual loading of pre-config.xml from Sysadmin UI -> Import. Pre-config.xml path: /export/home/weblogic/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home//idm/server/ssointg/connector/AD//AD-OAM-pre-config.xml

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: SSO Server IT Resource instance updated successfully

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: SSO Connector Server IT Resource instance updated successfully

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: Updating system property:SSO.DefaultCommonNamePolicyImpl value as: oracle.iam.ssointg.impl.handlers.account.commonname.plugins.impl.FirstNameLastNamePolicyForAD

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] LDAPConnectorConfigTool.configureLDAPConnector: System property:SSO.DefaultCommonNamePolicyImpl updated

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] OIMIntegrationAutomationTool.connectToDomainRuntime...

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] Connecting to t3://172.21.50.181:7001

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] OIMIntegrationAutomationTool.getJMXConnector...

[2018-11-09 04:33:57] mserver: /jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime

Enter User Password for [OIM Domain] weblogic:

Confirm User Password for [OIM Domain] weblogic:

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] Connection to domain runtime mbean server established

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] SSOIntegrationMXBean name: oracle.iam:Location=oim_server1,name=SSOIntegrationMXBean,type=IAMAppRuntimeMBean,Application=oim

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] LDAPConnectorConfigTool: got SSOIntegrationMXBean: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy49

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] current value of targetAppInstanceName=SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] proposed value of targetAppInstanceName=SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] new value of targetAppInstanceName=SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] current value of targeITResourceNameForGroup=SSO Server

[2018-11-09 04:35:36] proposed value of targetITResourceNameForGroup=SSO Server

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] new value of targetITResourceNameForGroup=SSO Server

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] current value of directory type=AD

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] proposed value of directory type=AD

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] new value of directory type=AD

[2018-11-09 04:35:37]

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] Updating the schedule jobs to update the SSO trusted and target parameters

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] Updating for job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation { Application Name : SSOTarget }

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] Failed to update the job SSO Group Membership Full Reconciliation with Application Name=SSOTarget

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] java.lang.NullPointerException

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] System.exit: UPDATE_JOB_PARAMETERS_FAILED

[2018-11-09 04:35:37] Status code returned from configureLDAPConnector:  3

==========================

For this error I am verifying whether all SSO related job parameters are ok or not, primarily it appears ok.

I think this proves that configureLDAPConnector step is complete as per the "OIM/OAM 12c Step-By-Step SSO Integration Case Study (Doc ID 2393062.1)"

Later on hopefully I can perform the below pending steps of OIG-OAM Integration: -

• Update LDAP Container Rules

• Configuring OIG SSO Integration

• Enabling OAM Notifications

Please let me know if anything is missing.

Thank you

• 13. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD
                                  Srinath Menon-Oracle

From the logs it seems the steps are successfully completed .

The error message is shown for the older SSOTarget tasks .

• 14. Re: I am unable to perform integration of OIM and OAM 12.2.1.3.0 with Microsoft Active Directory  2008 R2 as Identity Store. In this, don't want use any Oracle directory product like OID, OVD, OUD

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Really appreciate your inputs, advice and guidance so far, it was really helped a lot to troubleshoot and resolve errors occurred during the attempt of implementation of Integration of OIG 12.2.1.3.0 and OAM 12.2.1.3.0.

Best Regards

1 2 Previous Next