4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 6:37 AM by TinkerBoy

Reflow Region not showing data first time page opens.

TinkerBoy

Hi all.

I have another funny that I for the life of me can not figure our.

I have a page with a bunch of filter at the top and a Reflow Region below it. As you change the filters the Reflow area will update. I have one page where this work 100% with no issues or problems.

So I made a new one that works the same way but it will only update the reflow area the second time I visit the page or I change one of the filters.

It almost seems as if the reflow area will fire before the fields at the top are populated with the default values.

If I log in and I open the page I will see this.

Then if I open the page a second time or if I change the filters at the top I see the data

I am submitting the 4 filters at the top to the reflow

I recreated the page and I still get the same issue.

• 1. Re: Reflow Region not showing data first time page opens.
          fac586

TinkerBoy wrote:

I have another funny that I for the life of me can not figure our.

I have a page with a bunch of filter at the top and a Reflow Region below it. As you change the filters the Reflow area will update. I have one page where this work 100% with no issues or problems.

So I made a new one that works the same way but it will only update the reflow area the second time I visit the page or I change one of the filters.

It almost seems as if the reflow area will fire before the fields at the top are populated with the default values.

If I log in and I open the page I will see this.

Then if I open the page a second time or if I change the filters at the top I see the data

I am submitting the 4 filters at the top to the reflow

I recreated the page and I still get the same issue.

This is quite possible if—as appears to be the case from this description—you are relying on item source/defaults/dynamic actions to set the default values, and a refresh dynamic action executed on page load to render the initial report. Dynamic actions are asynchronous and processing cannot be dependent on the order or duration of their execution.

Instead, set the default values in persistent session state before the report is rendered during page show processing using a Once Per Session or When Reset Pre-Rendering process.

• 2. Re: Reflow Region not showing data first time page opens.
            TinkerBoy

Hi. What process should I use ? I was hoping that the code would fire in order one after the other. I have PL/SQL code that populates a temp table with the data that the first LOV will select off from . So maybe the page will render before that PL/SQL is done

• 3. Re: Reflow Region not showing data first time page opens.
              TinkerBoy

I move the building of the temp list and setting the default values to Before Headers.

But it still does not show the first time.

• 4. Re: Reflow Region not showing data first time page opens.
                TinkerBoy

OK I got it working. I had to change the Always to Only if value is null. I played around with those settings when it did not want to work. Thanks for the help.