2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 2:49 PM by medac01

Page Validation - Avoid Duplicate file names in attachments table

medac01

Hi,

I am INSERT files using File Browse... item and need to add a validation on page (not at table level) without inserting duplicate file names.

I could not able to populate file name into an item like  P1_FILE_NAME to validate because of File Browse...

Appreciate any help.

thank you!

• 1. Re: Page Validation - Avoid Duplicate file names in attachments table
          fac586

medac01 wrote:

I am INSERT files using File Browse... item and need to add a validation on page (not at table level) without inserting duplicate file names.

It depends. What APEX version are you using? What Storage Type is specified in the File Browse item settings?

Always include this information when asking a question: how to get answers from forum

Post this information as text, not screen shots.

I could not able to populate file name into an item like P1_FILE_NAME to validate because of File Browse...

The values of submitted File Browse items are of the form <unique identifier>/<filename>[.<file extension>], for example:

7170889435397497619/dandelion_seeds.jpg

It is therefore quite simple to determine the filename for use in validation or processing.

• 2. Re: Page Validation - Avoid Duplicate file names in attachments table
            medac01

What APEX version are you using? What Storage Type is specified in the File Browse item settings?

- Application Express 5.1.1.00.08. and also 5.2 version. If you have different solution on for both the version fine.

Storage type is BLOB. If am fine with a solution for any other storage type that you have

7170889435397497619/dandelion_seeds.jpg

It is therefore quite simple to determine the filename for use in validation or processing.

- I am sleeting file (Say 7170889435397497619/dandelion_seeds.jpg) P1_BLOB_CONTENT which is Blob content into the item

Don't know how simple validate fine name item 'P301_FILE_NAME' which is not populate to validate

thank you!