2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2018 5:40 PM by TeresaS

New Install of APEX 18.2 and ORDS 18.3 on separate WLS server - images (i.war) problem

TeresaS

I apologize if there is an answer for this question -- I've found several others that match my query, but none I've found show the actual answer.

I have installed APEX 18.2 on my database 12.2.0.1 server (current OCT-2018 CPU applied), and the installation logs show successful install.

I have then installed ORDS 18.3 on my weblogic 12.2.1.3 server, and all installation logs and verify show successful install.

When attempting to access the APEX URL, I receive the dreaded "There is a problem with your environment ... APEX files have not been loaded. ... copied the images directory as instructed ... prefix path is /i/ <as it should be>".  I've compared our production weblogic server deployment, and it has the identical context root and path to i.war.  My ohs1 has the apex.conf file for both /apex and /i/ entries.  I cannot find where in the system the problem with the images folder / i.war file exists.  I cannot find what must be changed to allow the APEX URL to load.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: New Install of APEX 18.2 and ORDS 18.3 on separate WLS server - images (i.war) problem
          Alli Pierre Yotti

TeresaS wrote:

I apologize if there is an answer for this question -- I've found several others that match my query, but none I've found show the actual answer.

I have installed APEX 18.2 on my database 12.2.0.1 server (current OCT-2018 CPU applied), and the installation logs show successful install.

I have then installed ORDS 18.3 on my weblogic 12.2.1.3 server, and all installation logs and verify show successful install.

When attempting to access the APEX URL, I receive the dreaded "There is a problem with your environment ... APEX files have not been loaded. ... copied the images directory as instructed ... prefix path is /i/ <as it should be>".  I've compared our production weblogic server deployment, and it has the identical context root and path to i.war.  My ohs1 has the apex.conf file for both /apex and /i/ entries.  I cannot find where in the system the problem with the images folder / i.war file exists.  I cannot find what must be changed to allow the APEX URL to load.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

If you install or upgrade an APEX instance, you must copy the images for the new version of APEX to your Weblogic server.

If you've already done that, just clean the cache / history of your browser

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21611_01/doc.11/e21058/install.htm#AELIG7072

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc.20/e25066/install.htm#AELIG7226

http://info.aimstar.com/blog/deploying-ords-on-weblogic-for-apex

• 2. Re: New Install of APEX 18.2 and ORDS 18.3 on separate WLS server - images (i.war) problem
            TeresaS

Thank you for the reply, Alli!  I've done all the steps in the 3 documents you linked (numerous times, with the same results every time - of course).  I did clear the browser cache this time though, and still no luck; I even cleared the cash, rebooted the server, restarted all servers and tried again -- no luck.  I am getting the "Oracle Application Express" logon window, but it has no css applied, no formatting, and (apparently) no images loaded.

Somewhere in my configuration I have a feeling that there is a '/' or '\' missing.  I've seen an Oracle doc (now lost as I've had to reboot numerous times) that clearly states the need for /i/ context and <full path>\images\ -- both leading and training slashes and backslashes (Windows OS).

In my Weblogic console, i - deployment, overview and configuration tabs, the system clearly shows a context root of "/i" -- no trailing slash.  I've changed it on the configuration tab, creating a new Plan.xml file in the process, but no luck in getting past the error dialog.

It's almost "funny" -- the dialog error shows:

• "Your current path is /i/ (it should contain both starting and ending forward slashes, such as the default /i/)."

And it does!

I do remember hitting a similar problem with ORDS 3.0.11 on WLS 12.2.1.2 over a year ago, but I cannot remember what resolved this problem.  This is my current Oracle "needle in the haystack" to find...