3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2018 4:43 PM by fac586

Column Authorization on Named Column Report Template

hancock76

I'm in Apex 5.0.3, and have a named column (row template)  report on my page. If I attach an authorization scheme to one of the columns of my report, it continues to show even if I do not meet the scheme. Is it possible to leverage these schemes on a row template or do they only work on column templates?

• 1. Re: Column Authorization on Named Column Report Template
          Franck N

Hi,

you should use the "server side condition" to achieve what you need.

for that you could store your Authorization scheme  into an item with an SQL querry and restrain the display of your column according to the item Value or directly querry it there directly.

regards,

Franck

• 2. Re: Column Authorization on Named Column Report Template
            hancock76

Even if I make server-side condition = Never, it still appears. I'm guessing it's a limitation of the row template report, but was hoping there was a why around it without having to use the template conditions since there are only 4 possible row templates on the report

• 3. Re: Column Authorization on Named Column Report Template
              fac586

hancock76 wrote:

I'm in Apex 5.0.3, and have a named column (row template)  report on my page. If I attach an authorization scheme to one of the columns of my report, it continues to show even if I do not meet the scheme. Is it possible to leverage these schemes on a row template or do they only work on column templates?

No. Column-level conditions and authorization schemes are a feature of column rendering, not of data retrieval.

Even if I make server-side condition = Never, it still appears. I'm guessing it's a limitation of the row template report, but was hoping there was a why around it without having to use the template conditions since there are only 4 possible row templates on the report

Why is the number of row templates a problem? Are they already being used for other reasons?

What is the actual goal: controlling the visibility of the data within the column, or not rendering the data and associated HTML elements at all?

What is the authorization scheme type and evaluation point?