5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2018 7:17 PM by Glen Conway

SQL loader is not working with 12c

Hi,

I have installed SQL developer 12.1 on my newly upgraded windows 10 machine. I have a script use to work correctly and loads data from CSV file to database tables. After moving to SQL Developer 12 , it has stopped working. however my colleague with version (11 G) can run the script without any issue.

I checked that SQL loader is installed in my SQLdeveloper> bin directory along with SQL plus.

I tried to installed 11 G on windows 10 64 bit but it always give me an error as ins-13001 environment does not meet minimum requirements

Please help.

• 1. Re: SQL loader is not working with 12c
          cormaco

I have installed SQL developer 12.1 on my newly upgraded windows 10 machine. I have a script use to work correctly and loads data from CSV file to database tables. After moving to SQL Developer 12 , it has stopped working. however my colleague with version (11 G) can run the script without any issue.

I checked that SQL loader is installed in my SQLdeveloper> bin directory along with SQL plus.

I tried to installed 11 G on windows 10 64 bit but it always give me an error as ins-13001 environment does not meet minimum requirements

I think you mean the Oracle client then you say "SQL Developer", because sqlplus and sql loader are part of an Oracle client installation but not of SQL Developer.

• 2. Re: SQL loader is not working with 12c

I am sorry if i mentioned it incorrectly. i am not expert for this.. i installed SQL client which has SQL developer and SQL loader and SQL puls exe available in my SQLdeveloper> bin directory

• 3. Re: SQL loader is not working with 12c
              thatJeffSmith-Oracle

there's a sqlldr exe in the in sql developer bin directory?

sql developer 12 isn't a version by the way...there is however a sql developer that ships with database 12

if you go grab a Oracle Client, it will have sqlldr in that (along with SQL*Plus)

• 4. Re: SQL loader is not working with 12c
                cormaco

Maybe you have more success installing the instant client:

Instant Client

• 5. Re: SQL loader is not working with 12c
                  Glen Conway

It is not clear if this question involves the SQL Developer tool solely, or if it may be related to SQL*Loader enhancements made for Oracle 12.1.  Why not read through the sections on command line changes and control file changes in https://oracle-base.com/articles/12c/sql-loader-enhancements-12cr1 to see if either of those provide any clues as to why your script stopped working.

And what reason could there be for you not to post the "it has stopped working" error message or the script itself?  I bet that would get you a better response to the question.

By the way, the SQL Developer tool underwent a version naming standard change last year. It switched to a quarterly release schedule with the version namef as <Year>.<CalendarQuarter> after the 4.2 release in 2017 Q1 (so 17.2, 17.3, 17.4, 18.1, 18.2, and 18.3 currently).

Cheers