2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2006 10:26 PM by 529995 RSS

Problem in HttpDispatcher , Please help ...

HttpDispatcher

Hi all,
      I installed edge server 10.1.3 and tested EdgeSimulator sample from tutorial.
      I used HttpDispatcher and Edge Simulator Driver. After I builded jsp application
      from tutorial(Connecting the Oracle Sensor Edge Server to a Simple Application via HTTP)
      and configurated by identify url parameter in HttpDispatcher and restart edge server .
      I found the following error :

------------
      Thu Aug 24 13:49:40 ICT 2006(2):HTTPDispatcher: ModuleException on start post:>>
      oracle.edge.dispatcher.EventDispatchException: Connect failed:java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ?type=1&subtype=0&siteName=MySite&deviceName=Http+Dispatcher&sourceName=&correlationId=&id=&data=&time=Thu+Aug+24+13%3A49%3A40+ICT+2006&
           at oracle.edge.impl.dispatcher.HTTPEventDispatcher.postEvent(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.edge.impl.dispatcher.HTTPEventDispatcher.start(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.edge.dispatcher.AbstractDispatcher$DispatcherLoop.run(AbstractDispatcher.java:162)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      Thu Aug 24 13:49:40 ICT 2006<<
      Thu Aug 24 13:49:40 ICT 2006(2):Dispatcher still not starting>>
      oracle.edge.common.EdgeExtensionException: Fail to start http dispatcher.
           at oracle.edge.dispatcher.AbstractDispatcher$DispatcherLoop.run(AbstractDispatcher.java:162)
      Thu Aug 24 13:49:40 ICT 2006<<
      Thu Aug 24 13:49:50 ICT 2006(2):HTTPDispatcher: Cannot post event event=Type: 1, Subtype: 0, Id: , Data: , Devicename: Http Dispatcher, Sitename: MySite, Time: Thu Aug 24 13:49:50 ICT 2006
      >>
      java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ?type=1&subtype=0&siteName=MySite&deviceName=Http+Dispatcher&sourceName=&correlationId=&id=&data=&time=Thu+Aug+24+13%3A49%3A50+ICT+2006&
           at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
           at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
           at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
           at oracle.edge.impl.dispatcher.HTTPEventDispatcher.postEvent(Unknown Source)
      Thu Aug 24 13:49:50 ICT 2006<<
      ----------------

Please help....

aon
        • 1. Re: Problem in HttpDispatcher , Please help ...
          From the error message (Malformed URL), looks like you either has a null or invalid url.

Did you put in the protocol part? (meaning, http://blah.blah.blah).

Could you post the exact string you entered in the url field when you configure the dispatcher?

Thx -- Sam
          • 2. Re: Problem in HttpDispatcher , Please help ...
            Thank, Sam
            Yes, I did. I put http://127.0.0.1:8988/SensorApp-Sensorprj-context-root/ReceiveEvent.jsp in to url field . It was a jsp application url on my machine.
            And I'm not put parameter in proxyserver field because i used edge server and jsp application in the same machine. It had on the top error when I run the both of EdgeServer and JSP Application.

--------
            aon