6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2018 3:23 PM by Steve Montgomery

Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar

Steve Montgomery

My schedule calendar is 4x10 (4-days per week, 10-hour days). I set the Time Periods Hours/Day to 10.0 (see below). But for some reason the lag in my schedule reverts back to an 5x8 (5-days per week, 8-hour days) calendar. In the below screen shot my 30-hour lag registers as 3.75-days, and not 3-days.

Is something wrong with my schedule set up? Why is lag measured in 8-hour per day increments when my calendar is 4x10?

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar
          EMay

If you F9 and click the Options button, what is selected for scheduling lag?  Is it the predecessor activity calendar?  Lag will be measured by the option selected in the scheduling options.  It can be one of the four options:

1. Predecessor Activity Calendar (default)
          2. Successor Activity Calendar
          3. 24-hour Calendar
          4. Project Default Calendar
          • 2. Re: Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar
            Steve Montgomery

I tried scheduling the project using the scheduling lag options "project default calendar" and "predecessor activity calendar", but my lag still displays in 8-hour increments.

I am beginning to wonder if this may be a bug in Primavera P6 EPPM 18.8. Does Oracle keep a database of software bugs? Is there a way to report a potential bug to Oracle?

• 3. Re: Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar
              EMay

You go to http://support.oracle.com/ to search knowledge articles, bugs, and to submit an SR (service request).  You are able to filter search results for your application and release.

I would encourage you to complete the level 1 Oracle Support and level 2 Oracle Primavera Accreditations.  I completed them recently and learned a lot about using Oracle Support.

Oracle Support Document 1583898.1 (Oracle Support Accreditation - Series Index) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1583898.1

• 4. Re: Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar
                RonVongs-Oracle

Hi Steve,

If you change your duration display to Hours from Days, can you confirm the lag shows as 30 hours?

Is the setting "Use assigned calendar to specify the number of work hours for each time period" enabled or disabled?

Thanks,

Ron

========

If you feel that this response (or any other response) has helped progress your issue, please mark it as Correct or Helpful and provide details on what specifically has been of assistance.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar
                  Steve Montgomery

Ron,

Thanks for the input.

Yes, when I change the duration display to hours, I confirm that the lag duration is 30-hours. But this changes all my activities planned duration to hours. My preference is for activity planned duration to display in days.

I was not able to find the setting you mentioned. Where can I locate "Use assigned calendar to specify the number of work hours for each time period"?

--Steve

• 6. Re: Lag duration in days does not match 4x10 Calendar
                    Steve Montgomery

Ron,

Thanks! You pointed me in the right direction.

My Calendar in Administration | Enterprise Data | Global Calendars was set to 10-hours/day, as per below screen shot. But my Time Periods in Administration | Application Settings | Time Periods was set to 8-hours/day. This is why my lag and resource assignments planned duration were reverting to the 8-hour day increment.

I thought it sufficient to set the Time Periods of my global calendar to 10-hours/day. Apparently, I had to also set the Time Periods in Application Settings to 10-hours/day, as well. Anyway, the mystery is solved. See below screen shots for the proper Enterprise Data and Application Settings Time Periods settings for a 4x10 calendar.

And yes, "use assigned calendar to specify the number of work hours for each time period" is enabled.

Administration | Application Settings | Time Periods

1 person found this helpful