2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 5:03 PM by wcaples

Tips on using Jet TimeAxis component with APEX IG?

wcaples

Hi, I'd like to use the Oracle Jet TimeAxis component in an APEX Interactive Grid.  The TimeAxis component is a way to display a range of dates in the header of a jet grid, which is something I'd like to do.  It's current entry in the Jet documentation is here:  https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jsdocs/oj.ojTimeAxis.html

https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jsdocs/oj.ojTimeAxis.html but it's been around for a while.  Can anyone point me to some way to get started doing this?  I assume that I'll need to use a plug-in, but all of the examples that I can find are pretty far removed from this usage.

Thanks for any help or guidance that anyone can provide!

-warren

• 1. Re: Tips on using Jet TimeAxis component with APEX IG?
          John Snyders-Oracle

Hi Warren,

I have not used the ojTimeAxis element. I took a quick look at it. The doc says "The Time Axis is intended to be placed in the header of JET DataGrid or Table.". I looked at the source code for it and it doesn't seem to do much. The cookbook example code makes me think that the function of this element is to coordinate knockout based template cell rendering between the heading and the cell. See the JavaScript cookbook code calls oj.KnockoutTemplateUtils. Since Interactive Grid is not a JET DataGrid or Table and APEX apps don't typically use knockout (I recommend against using knockout in APEX) I don't think TimeAxis is going to be very useful to you.

Have you looked at the new (18.1) Gantt chart type?

Might the Percent Graph column item type be useful to you? If nothing else the markup techniques of Percent Graph and Time Axis may give some ideas for a custom item plug-in or it may even be possible with a HTML Expression type column.

I think it should be possible to do something similar to what I see in the two JET Cookbook time axis examples. I would need to know more about exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,
          -John

• 2. Re: Tips on using Jet TimeAxis component with APEX IG?
            wcaples

Hmm, I see what you mean, John.  I am actually using the Gantt chart, as it does display exactly what I want...maybe I need to re-think how to do what I want to do.  I basically want to have interactive grid rows that match up with the Gantt chart rows, so that the data associated with each row can be easily edited while viewing the corresponding Gantt data at the same time. Any suggestions for the easiest way to do this?  I was looking at jamming Gantt into IG because I love the functionality of IG.

Thanks,

-warren