2 Ответы Последний ответ: 06.12.2018 6:02, автор: ToM_PL

Classic report click on link and reload Desktop Navigation Menu

ToM_PL

HI,

On Page 0 is item p_curr_context (accessible for all forms) its good idea or i should use shared components item? i need session level.

On Page 1 is classic report with columns: ID (PK) and Action with link

what i should put into url to set variable p_curr_context USING javascript: ...

and next refresh the  Desktop Navigation Menu (based on sql select with tbl_menu_items where clause menu_id=:p_curr_context)

can i do some steps directly or need intermediate step with item an DA based on change.

Regards,

Tomek

• 1. Re: Classic report click on link and reload Desktop Navigation Menu
          fac586

ToM_PL wrote:

On Page 0 is item p_curr_context (accessible for all forms) its good idea or i should use shared components item? i need session level.

On Page 1 is classic report with columns: ID (PK) and Action with link

what i should put into url to set variable p_curr_context USING javascript: ...

and next refresh the Desktop Navigation Menu (based on sql select with tbl_menu_items where clause menu_id=:p_curr_context)

can i do some steps directly or need intermediate step with item an DA based on change.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

Use global page items to store session level values when it is necessary to access them in JavaScript. Application items should be used for values that are only modifiable on the server/only need to be statically displayed at runtime.

What URL are you referring to? Why would the value need to be set using the javascript: pseudo-protocol?

What purpose is server by "refreshing" the navigation menu? There is no obvious way to do this.

• 2. Re: Classic report click on link and reload Desktop Navigation Menu
            ToM_PL

Hi,

The main idea is user should working in the right context.

after logging variable context id is null; and navigation menu doesn't contains elements(forms) specific for context.

for ex. if context is cat: menu items are food, vet...

when context is car: menu items are fuel, service ....

if user open another session - must chose context(set context variable)

form(classic report) to chose context have links(url's) with text cats, cars

after clicking - link context_id variable is set and navigation menu shout contain right items.

I hope the app logic is more clear now.

BR,

Tomek