4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2019 3:28 PM by 2741871

Turn off process management

We used process management on dimension and decide to not use it anymore.  In addition to turn off "Enable Process Management" in scenario, we also need to turn off "Use submission phase" and "Support Submission Phase for dimension" in the app setting  Currently some members of a dimension has 0 as Submission Group and others have 1.  Do we need to change all the dimension Submission group to 0 for this turning off process?  Not sure leaving this Submission Group with 0s and 1s will cause issues after turning off "Use Submission Phase"

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Turn off process management
          ericerikson

Hi. Once you turn off submission phase the submission groups do not matter.

If you’re not going to have the end users use process control anymore, I’d suggest leaving it on just so the administrator can start and then promote the period to control which period(s) are available for the users.

Eric

• 2. Re: Turn off process management

Thank you Eric for the quick response! 

That answered my question. We have turned off both piece of process management in Scenario and App Setting and no longer need to promote anymore.  We currently left the submission group having 0 and 1s which I have some concern.  Based on your response, that should be ok.

I am not sure I understand the piece - "If you’re not going to have the end users use process control anymore, I’d suggest leaving it on just so the administrator can start and then promote the period to control which period(s) are available for the users".  Can you kindly explain further?

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Turn off process management
              ericerikson

Hi. Without process control, users can change data in prior and see/change data in future periods, which may not yet make sense. Locking can help with the prior periods, but that would still leave future periods open. By enabling process control then the admin can open the period and then promote it (effectively closing it). The users don’t have to be involved in the process and you don’t have to do phases unless you want to control when those groups are active or not. My guess is you don’t care about phases since you’re turning it off but you could just have the admin do the steps.

Eric

• 4. Re: Turn off process management

Eric,  thanks for the explanation!