8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 5:42 AM by DUOS

OBIEE CLONING

DUOS

Hi Team, I have one OBIEE server with obiee application running on it. I am replicating this whole environment from this environment to another environment by using resync command which is copying my entire mount point from existing environment to new environment. But my question is, in my new environment, where all i have to make changes in terms of physical ip of current environment. Because in new environment physical ip (listen address) is different of current environment. Kindly suggest. Thanks & Regards

• 1. Re: OBIEE CLONING
          Christian Berg

There's an official support document on this which contains links to 11g and 12c: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=2028083.1

You're not specifying what version you're on, so you will have to decide which one to take by yourself: How to Ask Questions in Developer Community Spaces

• 2. Re: OBIEE CLONING
            DUOS

Hi Christian Thank you for your reply. We are using 12.2.1.3 weblogic infrastructure enterprise edition. Regards

• 3. Re: OBIEE CLONING
              DUOS

Hi Christian, I opened this MOS but this is for 11.1.1.7 version. I believe it is same as 12.2.1.3 or there are additional changes for 12.2.1.3. I request you to please share link for 12.2.1.3 if you have it. Regards

• 4. Re: OBIEE CLONING
                Gianni Ceresa

DUOS wrote:

I request you to please share link for 12.2.1.3 if you have it. Regards

Did you at least try to just search it? If you don't like the search in MOS you can use Google as it now reference MOS documents too (and I actually got a link there as first result for 12c).

• 5. Re: OBIEE CLONING
                  DUOS

Hi Gianni, Yes i have searched it before mailing it here and i found many links, I am weblogic, SOA, and other components administrator and i havent worked on obiee before. From application server point of view i am sure where all i have to make changes, but when it comes to obiee there are many obiee system components like obis, obips, obijh, obisch, obiccs. For these components i am seeing only this file is given as reference bienv-components.xml. I wanted to be assured if my MOS is the same one from the suggested one or not. Its just i have not worked on obiee before i wanted to be assured as i have to first make changes in obiee on premise server with VHN from physical ip and then resync it to other environment sitting in cloud. Regards

• 6. Re: OBIEE CLONING
                    Gianni Ceresa

Ok, let's do a step back: what's your target in this cloning?

Move that environment to a different server and decommission the old one? Or to get a second working independent copy (like creating a TEST or DEV environment from PROD) or a kind of disaster recovery environment you can turn on in case of issues on the main PROD?

Because there is more than just changing IP / hostname, so based on your target the approach is different and you can't just copy/paste the whole files and adapt a setting here or there.

• 7. Re: OBIEE CLONING
                      Christian Berg

Ok so you probably didn't read the MOS document at all:

My first post clearly stated "There's an official support document on this which contains links to 11g and 12c".

Please READ what we advise before you post wrong claims.

Gianni Ceresa the same MOS doc that's linked in my original post is find-able via google, yes, but the OP hadn't stated any version so I assumed (wrongly) that giving him the main document which points to both 11g and 12c family would help. turns out I was wrong and reading two version numbers is too much to ask.

• 8. Re: OBIEE CLONING
                        DUOS

Hi Christian, Gianni My apology. Thanks for your support. Regards