3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 3:16 PM by KenSheldon

A couple Apex 18 upgrade questions: subreports and date pickers

KenSheldon

We recently moved our Apex applications over from Apex 4 to Apex 18.1. The upgrade went well except for a couple issues.

1. We have a screen that is an interactive report with several hyperlinks to other pages, which are drill down reports. There is nothing in the drill-down report that would change any values in the main report. However, when we use the breadcrumb to go back to that main report, the report comes up empty. The main report uses a list of keys to generate the content, and in checking this list, it still exists. I'm wondering if there is some setting that would cause this report to not show up. (BTW - it does work properly in Apex 4)

2. I have another screen where I enter a key to add a date or two to the main record. If that particular record already has dates in those fields, I want them to be filled in. I am using the Date Picker for the entry of these dates. This works properly in Apex 4, but not in 18.

Thanks in advance for any help in getting these solves, since I am new to Apex.

Ken Sheldon

• 1. Re: A couple Apex 18 upgrade questions: subreports and date pickers
          KenSheldon

I think I found the issue with #1 - the system would not work properly if the list of record id's was delimited with colons, but worked properly when those delimiters were changed to commas. Again, it worked in 4, but not 18.  I am still trying to figure out the answer to #2...

KLS

• 2. Re: A couple Apex 18 upgrade questions: subreports and date pickers
            Mint-Innit

Regarding #2 it's not clear what you're doing. What do you mean by 'enter a key' ?  How is the page constructed on which you're expecting date fields to be pre-filled in? Are they database columns or do they have some other process to populate them? Have you upgraded any parts of the application to change behaviour of any items/pages?

We've just upgraded from 5.x -> 18.2 and date pickers appear to work the same way as they did before. Typically they're populated by automatic row fetch in most of our forms. I've refreshed some themes but not performed any application upgrades.

Cheers.

• 3. Re: A couple Apex 18 upgrade questions: subreports and date pickers
              KenSheldon

I am pulling a record where the textbox with auto-fill is the primary key. The auto-fill field works fine. The two dates are fields in that table that I am trying to populate into the Apex form for possible editing. These are what are coming up blank, even though I know that they have values. This functionality works correctly in v. 4, but does not appear to be firing the dynamic actions after updating the auto-filled text field in 18.