Hi Matthew Philip ,
1. Did you checked whether any one of the contacts from the CDO has the SFDC ID matching to the lookup table?
2. The CDO field which you are updating is already having some value in it. If yes it may be because if Data import priority. Try to create new field and update the value
Thanks for the follow-up Renuka.
For point #1, yes, the CDO matches a SFDC ID value in the lookup table, so I don't think that is the problem.
Your next point makes a bit more sense, with regards to what I am seeing. Yes, the CDO field (Opportunity Owner) does have a value in it. It looks something like "0018A00000fXt13QAD". The article you included with your post says that "Data priority rules are not applied if the contact is updated using update rules via program build or CDO services".
I'm pretty sure my scenario falls into that exception. (If that isn't the case, please tell me otherwise!)
So... is my solution just to create a new field and update it with the appropriate values in the lookup table based on the SFDC ID in a separate field? Or is it something else entirely?
Another thought I had was just to remove the LookUp table and create a big update rule set as follows:
Set to value "Jane Doe" where Opportunity Owner field = "0018A00000fXt13QAD" and then just duplicate that rule of each of the agents we have.
More manually intensive and not the ideal solution, but it gets me what I need for now.
As a follow up... what I built works some of the time... maybe even most of the time. But not 100% of the time like I expect.
Notice in the attached screenshot below that the records modified at 13:14 on 1/23/2019 we had the Opportunity Owner field updated properly. All the CDOs that were modified at 14:00 on the same day do not have that field updated but then, at 14:14 the records had the same field updated.
So, is there a timing issue here? I'm not sure what I'm missing.
Thanks for any help!
Hi Matthew exactly.
You need to create new CDO field and update the Owner name. But you don't need to update the value that matches with the lookup table.
Just create a new field called Owner name. Your lookup table willn't change. Just change the update rule.
Previously your update rule will replace the ID to name. Now change the rule to write the owner name in to the new table instead of overwriting the Owner ID value.
Can you tell what exactly you did i mean the steps
Repita, thanks for the reply!
To clarify, I am not using a Lookup Table at the moment. I tried but the solution was not working for me. Instead, I created a large update rule set with conditional rules for each agent value and name.
I have created the new CDO field (Owner Name) and then a Lookup Table (Agent Name and Value). I've configured the new update rule below, but I believe it is incorrect. Can you tell me what I've done wrong here?
Alternatively, I believe I can use my existing update rule with the below configuration.
I'm not sure how to correctly configure the Lookup Table update rule and I am thinking the existing update rule with the revised configuration might work.
Hi I Think you need to look for the Opportunity owner ID field and then update the Owner name.
In the first screenshot can you change the lookup field to Opportunity Owner ID
Because you have the ID with already and you have look for that ID in the lookup table and then choose the Owner name value matching for that lookup ID
1 person found this helpful
Try these Steps ,
1. Have the Owner ID and Owner Name in the Lookup table.
2. While creating the table you lookup field will be field which has the SFDC ID and replacement column name will be your owner name field.
3.If you have many number of rows you can upload them Via Excel
4. Then Create/ update the the update rule to update the newly created
a. Owner name field of the CDO
b.Choose Overwrite the value from lookup table
3.Select the Lookup table & field (ie field with ID)