2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 12:55 PM by Madasamy-Oracle

Data visualization analysis query request can't be accepted by BI server successfully

Mostafizur Rahman

When you explore an analysis in analytics in OBIEE 12.2, actually browser sends a post request to server with some parameter. If I send the request with header and formparam to the server using a tool like Postman or Gatling or Jmeter, those tool receive the request successfully and I can see the query of the analysis in bi server log. For data visualization in OBIEE 12.2, browser also send a post request with a request payload. I have sent this request also with the payload using those tools i have mentioned earlier. I have got status 200 for the analysis but I didn't find any query for the analysis in the bi server log. What can be the issue?

• 1. Re: Data visualization analysis query request can't be accepted by BI server successfully
          Gianni Ceresa

Mostafizur Rahman wrote:

What can be the issue?

Who said there was an issue?

An HTTP status has nothing to do with the application itself, getting an HTTP 200 doesn't mean the tool accepted your request and did what you thought you were doing.

I would turn the question in a different way: what are you trying to achieve?

• 2. Re: Data visualization analysis query request can't be accepted by BI server successfully
            Madasamy-Oracle

but I didn't find any query for the analysis in the bi server log

I am not sure if you did this analysis based on an external dataset or a subject area. However, you should be able to see the XML transactions under obis1-query.log for the external dataset ( since you are using JDBC connection) and that should have your query that you have added in your dataset definition, something like the below.

[2019-01-11T07:50:56.746-05:00] [OBIS] [TRACE:7] [] [] [ecid: 26abb212-10d1-449d-ba26-b6fb9868b903-0002567b,0:1:9:3] [sik: ssi] [tid: 8b7f7700] [messageid: USER-96] [requestid: ba990005] [sessionid: ba990000] [username: prodney] -------------------- Metadata XML for each external object: [[

'prodney'.'localDatabase':

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><dm:metadata xmlns:dm="com.oracle.bi/datamashup/v2"><dm:data_representation>csv</dm:data_representation><dm:data_last_modified>2019-01-11T12:43:18Z</dm:data_last_modified><dm:metadata_last_modified>2019-01-11T12:44:09Z</dm:metadata_last_modified><dm:input><dm:tables><dm:table disableXSACache="false"><dm:name>Data</dm:name><dm:dataptr><dm:connection_id>'prodney'.'localDatabase'</dm:connection_id><dm:dbquery>select * from BISAMPLE.CUBE_OPERATIONS_LOG</dm:dbquery><dm:target_type>Oracle 11g</dm:target_type><dm:object_name/>

Once the dataset query execution gets completed, the subset will be taken out of that dynamically.

-M