12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 8:48 AM by BluShadow

How to see how many people read some post?

Blue Bird

Hi,

I have one general question: Can I see/check number of visits (views) of post other people publish if I'm logged in or log out? I have feeling like my posts is not visible to everyone until someone approve it or some groups have very few active members. Are all our posts directly published or can someone set that can be approved first?

For example when I publish my last post and then check in the other browser (as log out) on same PC it wasn't visible. In the past I didn't noticed such delays.

BB

• 1. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
          Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi Blue Bird

Yes you can get to know how many viewed your post .First post will be visible after admin's /Moderator approval.Later posts will be published without any delay or need of approvals .

Highlighted in the below image for your reference,

• 2. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
            BluShadow

Just to add to Chitra's reply, that is only visible if you open the thread up outside of the Inbox.  If you view through the inbox you won't see that.

In addition, if you look at the Content tab of any discussion space... e.g. Community Feedback (No Product Questions)  then there is a column that details how many view the thread has had.

• 3. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
              Blue Bird

This option I know. I was looking for other people posts. I think I just found it. I was looking for this: UserName > Your Content > All Content > All (on the left). But you have to be logged in. Can you see also number of views when you are not logged in?

What about post approval? Exist this or not?

• 4. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                Chitrasai1-Oracle

This is what Blushadow suggested ,You can see views in Content tab before loggin in also .

Post approval it will posted into community spaces directly.

• 5. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                  Blue Bird

Chitrasai, I miss out your sentence about approval. You already replied. Sorry. Can then user check somehow if specific post was approved already from Admin side? Can be possible that for hour or more no Admin check for new posts and aprove it?

• 6. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                    Chitrasai1-Oracle

Yes it will be visible to the users from the moment you publish it from your side .There will be no approvals required .

• 7. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                      Blue Bird

Now I'm a not sure if I understood correct. At the begining you mentioned that first post have to aprroved by Admin. And later replies will be published without delays and don't need approval.

Does this:

Yes it will be visible to the users from the moment you publish it from your side. There will be no approvals required.

mean for subsequent replies on my initial new post OR ...?

What is usually the max time to Admin approve new post?

• 8. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                        Blue Bird

I didn't get yet reply in my last reply and seem to me important, for understanding this.

• 9. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                          Dude!

To reiterate, you can see the number of hits or views when opening a thread or browsing the forum/space content view. You cannot see the number of hits anywhere in your Inbox.

What most people don't know or realize, and that is a mistake of a misleading platform design, is that the Inbox is not like your email inbox, but was primarily designed to deal with notifications only. When you double click on the subject line in the lower window of your inbox, only then are you actually opening the thread, see the number of views in the initial post and will also have an advanced editor available and can mark correct answers.

Due to spam protection, as told, people's very first post needs moderator/admin approval. However, you have already made several posts, so I don't think that applies. If you are seeing delays, it's not the first time this has been reported and could be a more general issue or boil down to the particular forum/space where you are posting.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                            Blue Bird

Dude, about users views I already got an answer. I just want to make it clear about Admin approvals I asked at the end. So I temporary switch back to Not Answered, so post will get more attention. So we don't talk about first aprroval of every post user post here, but general approval to a new user as I understood in the form that we can trust him that he will not make a mess here. Am I thinking correct?

• 11. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                              Dude!

I'm not aware that any public community space would require moderator or admin approval beyond your absolute first post as a new community member, regardless of forum space. Once you've managed your very first post, you can post in any public community space.

Since you are obviously past your first post approval, the reason why your post did not appear is a technical issue or user error. Maybe you hit cancel instead of post, or your browser crashed, or your message wasn't posted because it contained banned words and remained on your screen. Like already mentioned, there can also be problems with the forum space requiring maintenance. However, you will need to provide more info, like where you posted and when.

• 12. Re: How to see how many people read some post?
                                BluShadow

Dude is correct, it is the initial post(s) on the community from a new user that need to be approved before they can post freely.  If a new user posts multiple posts before they have had any approved, then all those will need approval from admin or a moderator before they can post freely.  Once they have had at least one post approved, then they can post freely after that.

As for the amount of time newbies have to wait for their post to be approved, this will depend on admin/moderator availability... after all, we are human, have lives to live and jobs of our own to do.  We do try an frequent the community regularly, and we are spread about in different countries/timezones, so it would be unusual for someone to have to wait too long.  Many times people will not have to wait long at all... maybe minutes, but at other times it could be hours.  We always say, if you've had to wait more than 24 hours, then something has gone wrong (of course you have to allow for weekends, public/national holidays etc.)

1 person found this helpful