1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2019 4:25 PM by Frank_Fec

Impact status issue on PSU208

Thanos A.

Hi all,

Is anyone using ImpactStatus with the PSU208? Apparently this slows down our consolidation.

Have you noticed anything similar in your applications? Maybe in the PSU207?

I have raised a ticket with Oracle.

Thank you,

Thanos

• 1. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
          Chandra Bhojan-Oracle

I just had a quick look and I don't see any consolidation performance issue reported due to the ImpactStatus rule in latest PSU's.

Which older version are you comparing with and what is the time difference? This will help us to run consolidation on both version to see if it really a BUG in the latest PSU's.

Thanks,

Chandra

• 2. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
            Thanos A.

Hi Chandra,

1. We are in PSU205. As an example, the current consolidation time is 3.3 minutes.
            2. When we install the PSU208, the consolidation time is 14 minutes.
            3. If we remove the ImpactStatus rules, the consolidation time is 2.5 minutes.

After testing, the problem appears also in PSU207 but not in the PSU206.

I am not sure what else to look for...

Thanks,

Thanos

• 3. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
              Chandra Bhojan-Oracle

Hi Thanos - Please see if you can upload the HFM Application Back up to the SR. Also update the POV details for the consolidation. Possibly a data grid to run the consolidation.

We can internally try to reproduce the issue by running the consolidations on both versions 205 and 208 and will check the timings. If we are able to reproduce the issue then we can involve HFM Development team to assist further.

Thanks,

Chandra

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                Thanos A.

Hi Chandra,

Our consultant used the sample application to do the testing while I am using the internal application.

Unfortunately, uploading 300GB of data is not the most efficient approach, is it?

Thank you,

Thanos

• 5. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                  Chandra Bhojan-Oracle

That means you are able to reproduce the issue with some Sample Application. Isn't it? If yes then you can provide the sample to reproduce.

Of course 300 GB is difficult.

Thanks,

Chandra

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                    Chris Badenhorst

Wow...and I thought our 50GB application was big.

• 7. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                      Thanos A.

We have 3 applications, too many historical years, a few alternative translations and most recently we started having automated consolidation journals which produce a lot of data for auditing purposes...

• 8. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                        Thanos A.

I have just replicated the issue in the ZSimpl4Dim application that is shipped with HFM.

Consolidating June 2005 without the ImpactStatus takes 1seconds

Consolidating June 2005 with the ImpactStatus takes 8 seconds

The change between test 1 and test 2 was to add the following in the rule file

Sub Calculate()

'////////////////////////////////////////

' Aggregate OpeningBalance, Increases, and Decreases to determine ClosingBalance

'HS.Exp "C4#ClosingBalance = C4#OpeningBalance + C4#Increases - C4#Decreases"

HS.ImpactStatus "S#Actual.P#July.Y#Next"

End Sub

• 9. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                          Jeo123

Did you happen to get an ETA from Oracle on a fix(or at least acknowledgment of a bug)?  We tested the same issue (Actual scenario has a single impact status in our application).  Before the patch we were at 7 minutes, now we're at 30 minutes for the same consolidation.

• 10. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                            Thanos A.

Hi Jeo,

It's officially  a bug... and it took them more than a month (today) to get convinced.

Apparently not a lot of users are using the HS.Impact . I think that they need an accountant in the development team...

They will release the fix with the PSU300... the question is when PSU300 will be released...

Cheers,

Thanos

• 11. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                              Jeo123

Interesting.... we just got an update in our ticket and got told it was a bug that wasn't feasible to fix. 

Basically since it broke while they were fixing a data integrity issue(the one about parent's getting OK status while children are still impacted), our choices were stay on .206 with data integrity risks, or quadruple our consolidation time.

I'm going to hope your answer is the real one.  Thanks for the update.

• 12. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                                Thanos A.

Hm...

We were in 205 and we are moving on 206 because of the issue with the CC_Lock tables.

I am slightly worried about your comment on the issue on 206 (even if I have not noticed that).

• 13. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                                  Jeo123

It only happened to us once and we've been on .206 since around August, I'm not sure the exact chain of events that caused it though.

It was easy to fix(Consolidate All With Data resolved it).   I would assume the biggest risk is if you don't realize it happened(for us it was obvious since our balance sheet didn't balance afterwards).  It's probably best to just run a final Consolidate All With Data before putting out any reports though.

Also, is the bug number they gave you Bug 29204346?  I just want to make sure they're not looking at the wrong one in our ticket.

• 14. Re: Impact status issue on PSU208
                                    Thanos A.

No... I have a different one..

Bug 23227865  - CONSOLIDATE ALL WITH DATA IS EXTREMELY SLOW DUE TO HS.IMPACT RULES IN 11.1.2.4

1 2 Previous Next