3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2019 5:41 PM by Joe the Jet

Installing ORDS not on localhost

Joe the Jet

Hi All,

So we have a 12c db and we're trying to get ORDS working in development for now. All the documentation we can find seem to point to localhost, BUT, I don't want to run this on the box where my sql developer is installed, I just want to run it from the DB.

What's the trick to getting this to work?

Thanks,

Joe

• 1. Re: Installing ORDS not on localhost
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Install it anyehere you want.

Where it's running, you'll have a jetty webserver listening on port 8080 by default, I think, and you'll access it my either it's network name or IP address

What are you trying?

• 2. Re: Installing ORDS not on localhost
            Franck N

Hi,

localhost is a hostname that means this computer. It is used to access the network services that are running on the host via the loopback network interface. But you need to Provide an environment where ORDS will be installed.

If not on Localhost then provide during the installation the IP-adresse of the machine where the DB installed.

Having SQL develloper on your Localhost does not mean that the DB is on the Localhost itself.

or Login on the Maschine where you need to to install ORDS  & Proceed withe the installation there itself as localhost.

regards,

Franck

• 3. Re: Installing ORDS not on localhost
              Joe the Jet

Ok, so you should do the "standalone" set up and then reference the machine name or IP in the setup?

It appears that it asks for the db connection is that also used for the Jetty side of things?