4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2019 8:55 PM by jaramill

Oracle WebLogic Server 12C Administrator Certification

70723561-ecf5-4d4d-bbd7-550dfe0bbd68

Hello comunity,

1. Can you tell me if this Certification have an time durability, please?
      2. Exists any possibility to attach my Certification to the company I work for?
        • 1. Re: Oracle WebLogic Server 12C Administrator Certification
          L. Fernigrini

Hi, if you havemore than one question, it would be better for next time to post it in two separate threads, so you can mark a correct answer for each of them.

I do not know about question #1, but regarding question #2 the certifications are personal. If you work for company A, take a certification and on following month you change your job, it is still valid. It would not be logic that you get de-certified because you changed jobs, since you should still have the required knowledge.

You may share the achievment throug Acclaim, so people (in your company or in any other place) can verify that you have been certified. This is one example:

https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/94e7984c-eb28-448e-bf6f-4c483c301c87/public_url

Hope this helps!!

Lisandro

• 2. Re: Oracle WebLogic Server 12C Administrator Certification
            jaramill

70723561-ecf5-4d4d-bbd7-550dfe0bbd68 wrote:

Hello comunity,

1. Can you tell me if this Certification have an time durability, please?
            2. Exists any possibility to attach my Certification to the company I work for?

For your first question, certifications don'e "expire" per se, but they become "outdated".  So if you are an Oracle DBA and achieve certification for Oracle 7.3, or Oracle 8i, and then that's it, then by  now, your credentials are "old" and "outdated" because we're now onto Oracle 12c or 18c.

Now for general language like SQL or PL/SQL those are not based on versions but the exams may change over time to reflect the latest changes.

As for question 2, L. Fernigrini answered it perfectly.  Think of your certification like your high school diploma, or college degree.  That is yours.  Not your company's.

• 3. Re: Oracle WebLogic Server 12C Administrator Certification
              L. Fernigrini

Actually, I believe some certifications do expire and are marked as INACTIVE by Oracle.

I took the entire Oracle 9i Database Administration OCP (4 exams + course) in 2004. Some years ago, I believe about the time 12c was release, that certification was not active anymore, it is not shown in the Acclaim page nor you can request the digital badgets to be published

When I said that I did not know regarding question #1 I was talking about that specific certification.

• 4. Re: Oracle WebLogic Server 12C Administrator Certification
                jaramill

L. Fernigrini wrote:

Actually, I believe some certifications do expire and are marked as INACTIVE by Oracle.

I took the entire Oracle 9i Database Administration OCP (4 exams + course) in 2004. Some years ago, I believe about the time 12c was release, that certification was not active anymore, it is not shown in the Acclaim page nor you can request the digital badgets to be published

When I said that I did not know regarding question #1 I was talking about that specific certification.

Oh that I did not know.  Perhaps it's for DBA certifications in which they expire, which makes sense.