5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 6:44 AM by Giri Kothwal

How to Pass Dynamic Parameter while filtering Apex5.1 interactive grid

Giri Kothwal

Hi  Everyone

could you please suggest me how to pass dynamically parameter value to the interactive grid in the filter option.

Thanks and regards,

Giri k.

• 1. Re: How to Pass Dynamic Parameter while filtering Apex5.1 interactive grid
          Sven W.

What is a dynamic parameter?

A page item that is dynamically choosen (e.g. a select list) can be used in the query of an IR as a bind_parameter.

Like this

select * from emp

where deptno = :P1_DEPT_NO;

The report also needs to have this item mentioned in the "page items to submit" attribute.

Then you can refresh the report region dynamically and the new item state will be submitted from the browser to the database state, so the the new select will consider this filter.

You can trigger the reports refresh using a dynamic actions that reacts ON CHANGE of the select list.

• 2. Re: How to Pass Dynamic Parameter while filtering Apex5.1 interactive grid
            Giri Kothwal

Thanks for your reply..

but,After Generating interactive grid in apex 5.1 .

we have default filter option provided by apex .

in that filter how can i pass item value could you please suggest me?

• 3. Re: How to Pass Dynamic Parameter while filtering Apex5.1 interactive grid
              Sven W.

Oh sorry, I read report, but you said grid. The url-filtering option for grids was not implemented yet. I still hope it will be there in 19.2.

The solution in the query should still work. It is not really dynamic - although you can refresh the grid with a dynamic action, when the item changes.

I'm still a little confused what you want to by dynamic. Can you explain it with a screenshot maybe?

• 4. Re: How to Pass Dynamic Parameter while filtering Apex5.1 interactive grid
                Sven W.

There are ways to manipulate an interactive grid using javascript.

However this is fairly complex.

If you need to go this route , then here are a few example commands you might try out in the console of your browser.

Assuming your grid has a static id =MY_IG

apex.region("MY_IG").widget().interactiveGrid("getActions").list("actions");
                apex.region("MY_IG").widget().interactiveGrid("getActions").invoke("show-filter-dialog");
                apex.region("MY_IG").widget().interactiveGrid("getActions").invoke("filter-column");

The "filter-column" action is promising. It probably needs a few more options, like the column id.

• 5. Re: How to Pass Dynamic Parameter while filtering Apex5.1 interactive grid
                  Giri Kothwal

Thanks a lot for your support.

Here i have taken one region name is New and i have taken one item and assigned default value is 100.

that item value should be populated automatically in value field while filtering like below .

I achieved this functionality with the following code.

var filters = apex.region("123").call("getFilters");  

for (var i in filters) {  

var filderId = filters[i].id;  

apex.region("123").call("deleteFilter", filderId);  

}

apex.region("123").widget().interactiveGrid("addFilter", {

type: 'column',

columnType: 'column',

columnName: 'SNO',

operator: 'EQ',

value: $v2('P2_NEW'),

isCaseSensitive: false,