2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2019 2:04 PM by 3521884

Doubt related to OBI Agent

Hello Experts,

I have a question related to OBI Agent.

In General Tab (while creating an Agent), we have an option called "Run as"

Correct me if my understanding is correct:-

• Specified user :- If we mention any user_name over here in this filed then the respective agent will run with his credentials and will deliver the report what the xyz user will see to all the recipients added into Recipients tab.
      • Recipent:- If we select this option, what ever the user we select in Recipient tab agent will run with their credentials and will be delivered to all users who are added to recipients tab...correct me if my understanding is wrong.
        • However if in recipient tab we have option to add application roles (apart from user and groups).
          • Can anyone guide me how the agent will run if I select Run as Recipient and in Recipient tab i select a particular application role apart from user & group.
          • Will the agent will run and delivered to all the  (end user associated with obi group associated with application role) with their individual credentials.

Thanks for you help

Abhi

• 1. Re: Doubt related to OBI Agent
          Christian Berg

3521884 wrote:

• Specified user :- If we mention any user_name over here in this filed then the respective agent will run with his credentials and will deliver the report what the xyz user will see to all the recipients added into Recipients tab.

Yes

3521884 wrote:

• Recipent:- If we select this option, what ever the user we select in Recipient tab agent will run with their credentials and will be delivered to all users who are added to recipients tab...correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Yes you're correct

3521884 wrote:

• However if in recipient tab we have option to add application roles (apart from user and groups).
              • Can anyone guide me how the agent will run if I select Run as Recipient and in Recipient tab i select a particular application role apart from user & group.
              • Will the agent will run and delivered to all the (end user associated with obi group associated with application role) with their individual credentials.

Yes

• 2. Re: Doubt related to OBI Agent

Thank you Christian for clearing my doubt.