- Smart labels - also called RFID - can be used for keycards, wristbands, Smartphone, Smartwatches etc. - we don´t care about the "wrapping"
- RFID is a non-magnetic strip key medium, so normally no data will be stored on the RFID at the check-in
- Each RFID chip has a unique serial number (UID) "burned in" by the vendor and will be used as identifier
- There are different types of RFID on the market, so it´s important, that all reading devices in an environment will support the selected type of RFID - in most cases the vendor of the Hotel door lock system will lead this selection.
- Not all door locking systems will support sending back the UID of the RFID to the PMS at the check-in - the key vendor has to verify this
- Customer/key vendor has to provide the model of RFID reader that can read the selected RFID type
- A "proof of concept" has to verify, that the RFID reader can be connected to our POS hardware and the data read can be handled like a Keyboard input ("Keyboard emulation"), as currently this is the only way how Simphony can handle this type of readers without any development
- At check-in, the key provider's application sends the RFID UID back to the PMS, where it is stored as "Track2" data
- At the POS the reader retrieves data from the RFID and presents the information directly to any application which has the current focus by emulating keyboard strokes - ex. at the guest inquiry screen on Simphony, guest will only have to get the RFID media close to the reader and the information will transported as someone was typing it
Tablet 721 full featured model will support these RFID types: ISO 14443A/B, ISO 15693, MILFARE Ultralight and FeliCa, 15.6 MHz
Tablet 720 full featured model will support these RFID types: ISO/IEC 14443 A reader/writer mode @ 13.56MHz
Note for Tablet 700 family: the UID of the RFID will be transmitted in hexadecimal format, currently there is no conversion to ASCII or other formats - some applications may require numeric values only for member identification or similar)
This was tested with Opera, Simphony 2 and Vingcard´s VisiOnline (IFC_VCP), POC document attached
I have rfid cards that do not have any issue reading with the 720 tablets. However with the 721 tablets id doesn't read the right value on the card. If i plug in an external usb rfid reader (OMNIKEY) Simphony works perfect every time.
Has anyone came across this challenge?
no never heard about an issue with 720 / 721.
Can you please add a sample how the data will be presented on 720 and on 721?
What´s the bios version on the 721 please?
There are only 2 settings on the 721 for RFID (Normal / Reverse & Add a Suffix) - so not really much possibilities to do a wrong setting
Yes your right that is the only setting.
INSYDE 317CR_0,00.13ORC, 3/14/2018
SMBIOS VERSION 2.8
how the data looks like on the 720 and how it looks on the 721?
P.S. can you please update your profile - I´d like to know to whom I´m talking :-)
Sorry it took a few days to check out the fix. There is a new Keyboard Wedge ver. 18.104.22.168 This allows you to configure the reader for Ultralight C. I do not think it has been made public yet.
Have a great day.
thanks for this, I´ve seen the announcement last weekend, but I wasn´t able to test until now - I´ll report back after the testing
Could you please advise concerning m-Tablet Eseries. It's beeping when im trying to read the card but nothing happens, no any symbols are importing in opera-ifc field.
you have to set the RFID Reader to Keyboard Emulation mode, so you can see the output even in a plain text file.