2.9 itself does require the ssl certificate
so far in dealing with another major account this is what we have discovered.
ssl certificate is only on the POS Server(s)
below is the list of requirements:
1. A server authentication certificate
2. With a minimum 2048 encryption
3. That contains both public and private keys that can be exported
4. And is in the .PFX format
5. It should be a single domain coverage for the SSL certificate for the web address that the server is hosted on.
Documentation Provided here: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E89797_01/doc.210/e89808.pdf