4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2019 1:09 PM by CBarbieri

HFM Consolidation issue

Hi Team,

I am using HFM 11.1.2.3 . I would like to know what could be the reason for the Consolidation is not happening for few months? Even though consolidation runs sucessfully but the status shows "CN". Any idea what the issue could be?

• 1. Re: HFM Consolidation issue
          CBarbieri

Check your error logs. Go to consolidation administration > system messages, and look for red errors that will tell you why the consolidation didn't complete.

It's also possible there is no error, but could instead be your usage. If you have multiple hierarchies and run "consolidate all with data" on each one, the subsequent consolidations will impact the previous ones.

One more possibility is that you might have HS.ImpactStatus functions that impact other entities in the same hierarchy. this too could result in a CN status in a parent entity after the consolidation completed.

So, check your system messages, usage, task audit, and rules. There is an answer in there somewhere.

- Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HFM Consolidation issue

Thank you so much for your response. Can you please let me know what is the Usage means in your statement? Also when you mentioned rules, do you mean rules in Calc Manager?

"It's also possible there is no error, but could instead be your usage"

• 3. Re: HFM Consolidation issue

As Chris mentioned check System messages. The one with an error message would be marked in that . That would give you better understanding of why the consolidation is not completing.

Also a point to keep in mind is that you are consolidating the children and parents of the hierarchy

• 4. Re: HFM Consolidation issue
                CBarbieri

Usage: I gave an example in which you consolidate all with data on multiple hierarchies. This would result in a "CN" status in the previously consolidated hierarchies. Another of course is that during the consolidation someone loaded data, posted a journal, or calculated a base entity within the hierarchy. This would result in a consolidation that upon completion has a CN status. another possibility is that a user enters data in a form that has multiple periods displayed. When the form is calculated, all periods are impacted.

So to figure this out, you should examine the system messages, the task audit, and trace the CN status down the hierarchy to the entity-value point at which it changes from OK to CN. That will help you identify the cause.

- Chris