All of the scenarios you have mentioned are valid, it is not easy to make a decision for you based on the information.
It could be that FCCS is a possibility but that depends on your current HFM application and what functionality you definitely require. Remember Oracle are focused on investment in their cloud solution and not so much on-premise.
You could wait for 11.2 but there are no definite dates, maybe around June. As it will be a first release then expect bugs but there are still bugs with the current version. It all depends on the risk you want to take and you have weigh up the pros and cons and decide the option to go for.
I wouldn't expect much in terms of new or future functionality for on-premise, personally I feel that the 11.2 release is really just aimed at refreshing OS options and newer Java / middleware versions
Thank you for the valuable suggestions.
Considering the Oracle support timelines - FCCS seems to be the forerunner .
Based on your practical experience with FCCS - have you faced or spotted any limitations in comparison to the on premise application?
Also does the tie back to the source work effectively from FDMEE?
Our situation :
Oracle People Soft feeds HFM where all the consolidations,translations are performed.
Once in a while journal entries are booked in HFM .
Used extensively for reporting including legal reporting.
Data files from HFM is extracted to validate data against People Soft.
1 person found this helpful
There are differences between FCCS and HFM, they can't really be compared like for like even though Oracle would disagree. It is probably best you engage with a consultancy to go through the differences and help you guide you through your decision, these kind of decisions should not really made through a forum.
If you are thinking of dropping FDMEE and moving to Data Management in the cloud there are differences again like currently only direct integration to some Oracle cloud products and no custom scripting, so I go back to my first point around discussing your options with someone.
Completely agree- and we would going through a consulting company to help make a decision and with the upgrade.
Just wanted to gather some information based on prior experience of people in the forum .
Appreciate your inputs