4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 10:22 AM by IliaOv

Problem with labels in diagram in Interactive Report

IliaOv

Hello.

When I try to add "diagram" using options in "Interactive Report" I get this:

Screenshot_1.png

Labels must be in Russian language (2-3 words), but they aren't. What's the problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Ilia

• 1. Re: Problem with labels in diagram in Interactive Report
          Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Ilia,

Can you please tell us what version of APEX you're working with?  Have you created a testcase on apex.oracle.com, to verify whether the issue is reproducible there?  I've tested the behaviour of an Interactive Report Chart view on apex.oracle.com, using Russian text in the x-axis labels, and they're rendering fine  (please excuse my crude test, simply using Russian words I've taken from translations online, and adding them to customer names for the labels) :

So I'd be interested to hear whether you're hitting the issue on that instance.  If you are, then perhaps your labels contain characters that are being escaped - as mentioned in another forum post: Interactive Report - Action Button Chart - Label Contains Escape Characters.  If it is that issue you're hitting, then that particular bug has been fixed for our upcoming 19.1 release.

If you create a testcase, I'd be happy to take a closer look.

Regards,

Hilary

• 2. Re: Problem with labels in diagram in Interactive Report
            IliaOv

Thank you for the answer.

This is my version of APEX:

Product Build18.1.0.00.45

Labels don't contain special characters, only letters.
            If I add a 'chart' region with the same data, everything is ok.

If I test on apex.oracle.com, everything is ok. Here is a test:
            Screenshot_2019-03-15 Stripe Report (2).png

The problem is only in my app. In my app "Interactive Report" consists of data from database. Russian letters display correctly in table. But when I try to add diagram I get "&#x0423..."

What else can I do?

Regards,

Ilia

• 3. Re: Problem with labels in diagram in Interactive Report
              Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Ilia,

Thanks for the follow-up information.  Given that you're on version 18.1, there is still a chance you're hitting the bug mentioned in the associated thread I referred to in my previous post. If possible, it would be really helpful if you could upload your app export file (including supporting objects for setting up associated DB objects & data) to the Static Workspace Files of the sample app ID 44091 in your workspace - so I can try to reproduce the behaviour you're seeing against our own 18.1 instance.  Alternatively, could you try installing your app in your workspace on apex.oracle.com - or at a minimum, re-create the Interactive Report (and its associated Russian data) that's causing you the problems currently?

Regards,

Hilary

• 4. Re: Problem with labels in diagram in Interactive Report
                IliaOv

I found the solution! I should choose type "Plain Text (based on List of Values)" and then choose the right column for it.

Screenshot.png