0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2019 8:14 PM by Lance Stovall-Oracle

Looking for an Oracle PM of HSM

Lance Stovall-Oracle

I am the Oracle Global Alliance Director for the Hitachi and NTT Data WW relationships. Hitachi Vantara has reached out with a novel request, and I am looking for some direction.

They are looking to talk with someone at Oracle in regards to building a 3rd party application and integration with Oracle Recovery Manager and Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager.

Note from their Solutions Team:

Our customers have common interests as they examine means to a) manage massive growth in their analytics / database environments, b) provide economies of scale by utilizing flexible, scalable, object storage services, c) enable hosting of their Oracle instances in on-premise as well as hybrid cloud environments, d) offer highly available services than span geographies, e) move the analytics data and application closer to consumers and f) provide enterprise grade security and compliance capabilities for regulated industries.

To name a few potential use cases, we are keenly interested in:

1. Being an S3 Compliant target object store thru the Oracle Storage Cloud Service for HSM-like operations and
      2. Similarly, for the Oracle Secure Backup Cloud module using the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) SBT interfaces.

Thoughts?

Hierarchical Storage Manager

I am the Oracle Global Alliance Director for the Hitachi and NTT Data WW relationships. Hitachi Vantara has reached out with a novel request, and I am looking for some direction.

They are looking to talk with someone at Oracle in regards to building a 3rd party application and integration with Oracle Recovery Manager and Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager.

Note from their Solutions Team:

Our customers have common interests as they examine means to a) manage massive growth in their analytics / database environments, b) provide economies of scale by utilizing flexible, scalable, object storage services, c) enable hosting of their Oracle instances in on-premise as well as hybrid cloud environments, d) offer highly available services than span geographies, e) move the analytics data and application closer to consumers and f) provide enterprise grade security and compliance capabilities for regulated industries.

To name a few potential use cases, we are keenly interested in:

1. Being an S3 Compliant target object store thru the Oracle Storage Cloud Service for HSM-like operations and
      2. Similarly, for the Oracle Secure Backup Cloud module using the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) SBT interfaces.

Thoughts?