4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2019 5:09 PM by FC60

Generate DDL in separate files

FC60

Hello,

I don't understand...

1. I click "Generate DDL" > Generate
      2. I check "Generate DDL in Separate Files"
      3. I select table1 and Table2. I can see the code in the file editor, but when I click "Save" I have only one file.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Generate DDL in separate files
          Dave Schleis

Hello,

You don't mention which version of SDDM you are using.

I must admit that I am unfamiliar with the "Generate DDL" button/link you are referring to.

I am using version 18.4 on a Mac, and use File->Export->DDL File to generate DDL.

After clicking generate in the DDL File Editor, selecting the specific tables and setting the "Generate DDL in Separate Files" checkbox, I am not shown the code in the file editor, but presented with the "Select Directory for DDL Files" dialog to select where the files are saved.

I do have issues with dialog boxes being hidden behind other open SDDM windows, especially in cases where there are multiple dialogs open as in this case.

Is it possible that the Select directory dialog is hidden behind another window? move things around, or minimize windows to check that out.

Are there any other settings that you are changing on the "DDL Generation Options" page?

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 7.59.24 AM.png

Hope this helps

--dave

• 2. Re: Generate DDL in separate files
            FC60

I use 18.4 and I do the same things, but when the code is showed...

• 3. Re: Generate DDL in separate files
              Dave Schleis

When the "Select a Directory for DDL Files" dialog is displayed, there is an option to save as a default directory.

If this option is selected, this dialog box no longer appears and the files are automatically saved here.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 11.07.42 AM.png

If you look under General preferences -> Data Modeler -> DDL, you should see where your DDL files are being written.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 11.08.43 AM.png

I really hope this helps

--dave

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Generate DDL in separate files
                FC60

Thank you Dave!!!