3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2019 8:50 PM by 2623642

Unable to debug query statement in BefImport.py

Javi Martinez

Hello everybody:

I have been working sometimes in the past with BefImport.py and AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE table. Until now I have been able to detect errors when queries didn't work, but this time it is becoming impossible.

I have this code and it works:

if fdmContext["RULENAME"] == "HYP_PL":

fdmAPI.logInfo("======================================================================")

fdmAPI.logInfo("Custom Script: Begin")

fdmAPI.logInfo("======================================================================")

fdmAPI.logDebug(fdmContext["LOCNAME"])

vIni = fdmAPI.getPOVStartPeriod(fdmContext["LOADID"])

vTer = fdmAPI.getPOVEndPeriod(fdmContext["LOADID"])

fdmAPI.logInfo("=================vDate =====================================================")

import java.sql as sql

batchName = str(fdmContext["RULENAME"])

fdmAPI.logDebug("BefImport - Batch: %s" % batchName)

# Set variables

VarPeriodName = fdmContext["PERIODNAME"]

VarAnioName = VarPeriodName[-4:]

VarFYName = VarAnioName[-2:]

VarFYPrevName = str(int(VarFYName)-1)

VarAnioNum = int(VarAnioName)

fdmAPI.logDebug("VarPeriodName: %s" % VarPeriodName)

fdmAPI.logDebug("VarAnioName: %s" % VarAnioName)

fdmAPI.logDebug("VarAnioNum: %d" % VarAnioNum)

deleteStmt = "DELETE FROM AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE WHERE BATCH_NAME = 'HYP_PL'"

insertStmt = """INSERT INTO AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE (BATCH_NAME,YEAR,PERIOD,AMOUNT,COL01,COL02,COL03,COL04,COL05,COL06,COL07,COL08)

VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)"""

selectStmt = "SELECT BATCH_NAME, YEARR, PERIOD, AMOUNT, ACCOUNT, CURRENCY, 'N/A' AS DEPENDENCY, ENTITY, 'N/A' AS FLOW, ICP, 'N/A' AS SECTION, VERSION FROM TEST"

try:

sourceConn = sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@XXXXXXXX", "YYYY", "ZZZZZ");

fdmAPI.logDebug("BefImport - Connected OK")

fdmAPI.logDebug("Deleting AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE table where BATCH_NAME is " + batchName)

fdmAPI.logInfo(deleteStmt)

fdmAPI.executeDML(deleteStmt,[], False)

fdmAPI.commitTransaction()

fdmAPI.logDebug("Recovering data...")

fdmAPI.logInfo(selectStmt)

stmt = sourceConn.prepareStatement(selectStmt)

stmtRS = stmt.executeQuery()

fdmAPI.logDebug("Inserting new data in AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE table with BATCH_NAME: " + batchName)

while(stmtRS.next()):

params = [ batchName,

stmtRS.getInt("YEARR"),

stmtRS.getString("PERIOD"),

stmtRS.getBigDecimal("AMOUNT"),

stmtRS.getString("ACCOUNT"),

stmtRS.getString("CURRENCY"),

stmtRS.getString("DEPENDENCY"),

stmtRS.getString("ENTITY"),

stmtRS.getString("FLOW"),

stmtRS.getString("ICP"),

stmtRS.getString("SECTION"),

stmtRS.getString("VERSION")]

fdmAPI.executeDML(insertStmt, params, False)

fdmAPI.commitTransaction()

except BaseException, err:

errMsg = "Error importing data: " + err

fdmAPI.logDebug(errMsg)

sourceConn.close()

finally:

fdmAPI.logInfo("Custom Script: end")

But when changing select statement to this:

selectStmt = "SELECT BATCH_NAME, YEARR, PERIOD, AMOUNT, ACCOUNT, CURRENCY, 'N/A' AS DEPENDENCY, ENTITY, 'N/A' AS FLOW, ICP, 'N/A' AS SECTION, VERSION FROM TEST_V"

It does not work. TEST is a table, TEST_V is a view whose content is the same as the one in TEST. Furthermore, TEST has been created using CREATE TABLE TEST AS SELECT .... FROM TEST_V. Is there any identified problem with views?. Moreover, script execution fails but message in except clause does not show up in log. I have tried with some exception types as Exception, SQLException,... but they do not work. I have also tried to test directly with the original query (the one behind the view) but fails.

I have two problems: querying from a view does not work; and I am not able to debug the error

Could somebody help me?.

Thank you

Regards

• 1. Re: Unable to debug query statement in BefImport.py
          user6692921

Your exception code could be better. This is what I use (import sys and traceback):

except:

fdmAPI.logError("**  Error information: %s %s" % (sys.exc_info()[0], sys.exc_info()[1]))

strExcType, strExcValue, strExcTB = sys.exc_info()

File, ErrorLineNo, Module, ErrorLineText = traceback.extract_tb(strExcTB)[-1]

fdmAPI.logError("**  Error on line: [%s] %s" % (ErrorLineNo, ErrorLineText))

fdmAPI.logError("**  fdmContext:")

for key in sorted(fdmContext):

fdmAPI.logError("**    [%s] - %s" % (str(key), str(fdmContext[key])))

fdmAPI.logError("**  Variables:")

for key, value in sorted(locals().items(), key=lambda s: (s[0].lower(), s[1])):

if key != 'fdmContext':

fdmAPI.logError("**    [%s] - %s" % (str(key), str(value)))

• 2. Re: Unable to debug query statement in BefImport.py
            Javi Martinez

Hello:

Thank you so much. You have save my day. Even my week .  Thanks to your code I have managed to find out the error. It was due to a date comparison that worked in SQL Developer but not when executing with FDMEE. I have fixed it and now everything works flawlessly

By the way, your were rigth, my code could be improved.

Once again, thank you.

Regards

• 3. Re: Unable to debug query statement in BefImport.py

I too have similar issue. The script works fine in SQL Developer but not in FDMEE:

This script works fine in SQL Developer and FDMEE

SELECT glc.segment1 Co,

'ACCUM' Account,

DECODE(glc.segment1,'2422',(SUM(NVL(ael.accounted_dr,0)) - SUM(NVL(ael.accounted_cr,0))- 100000),

(SUM(NVL(ael.accounted_dr,0))- SUM(NVL(ael.accounted_cr,0)) ))

Entries FROM apps.xla_ae_headers aeh, apps.xla_ae_lines ael, apps.gl_code_combinations glc

WHERE aeh.ae_header_id = ael.ae_header_id AND ael.code_combination_id = glc.code_combination_id

AND (glc.segment3 BETWEEN '170000' AND '170120' OR glc.segment3 = '170300' OR glc.segment3 = '186600' OR glc.segment3 = '187030' OR glc.segment3 = '284500')

AND aeh.ledger_id = 2023

AND ael.accounting_class_code = 'ASSET'

AND aeh.application_id = 140

AND ael.accounting_date BETWEEN '01-JAN-2019' AND '31-JAN-2019'

group by glc.segment1;

The moment I replace the hard coded value "100000" to a query from one of the view, it throws an error in FDMEE (The script has failed to execute:). The script works fine in SQL Developer though.

select glc.segment1 Co, 'ACCUM' Account,

decode(glc.segment1,'2422',(sum(nvl(ael.accounted_dr,0)) - sum(nvl(ael.accounted_cr,0))- (select sum(nvl(fmav.deprn_reserve,0)) from

apps.fa_mass_additions_v fmav where fmav.book_type_code = 'XXX' and fmav.context = 'Conversion')),

(sum(nvl(ael.accounted_dr,0)) - sum(nvl(ael.accounted_cr,0)) )) Entries

from apps.xla_ae_headers aeh, apps.xla_ae_lines ael, apps.gl_code_combinations glc

where aeh.ae_header_id = ael.ae_header_id

and ael.code_combination_id = glc.code_combination_id

and (glc.segment3 between '170000' and '170120' or glc.segment3 = '170300' or glc.segment3 = '186600' or glc.segment3 = '187030' or glc.segment3 = '284500')

and aeh.ledger_id = 2023

and ael.accounting_class_code = 'ASSET'

and aeh.application_id = 140

and ael.accounting_date between '01-JAN-2019' and '31-JAN-2019'

group by glc.segment1;

What could be possible issue with this?