1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2019 2:05 PM by Gianni Ceresa

Correct syntax to modify column header?

james.hunt

I am fairly new to OBIEE and I am attempting to format my heading to add a dashed border rather than a solid border. I attempted to do so using the following settings:

However, the border ends up being applied around the cell content (the heading name text) rather than heading cell border, so it's not really a border, but a text outline. I don't have this issue if I don't apply the Custom CSS Style and the border reverts to being around the cell rather than around the cell content.

Sample

Am I using the right Custom CSS Style syntax? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James

• 1. Re: Correct syntax to modify column header?
          Gianni Ceresa

What you see is normal.

Look at this picture: the first highlighted part is where OBIEE set the border you define with the options in the "Border" section.

The second highlighted element is where a custom CSS will be applied.

Capture.PNG

Between the 2 there is still a bit of things, that's why it's normal to see a difference in the bordering. Custom CSS apply directly to the element (the <td> ) containing the header text. The "Border" options apply to an higher element. The things in between these 2 justify the distance you see between your 2 borders.

As you seem to be displaying a single cell (from one cell and one row), you maybe want to have a look at the narrative view? It would give you easier control on the output including any styling you want to have.