Did some search and found this Oracle doc which list the issue we facing. But it does not say anything about how to resolve or workaround ?
Unable to Edit Box Properties Bug: 20356197
which version will this issue get resolved ? Unable to Edit Box Properties Bug: 20356197
Step by step to clarify the question which is mixed from my point of view. There are multiple Profile Task Flows which are used differently in the System Pages or by yourself.
- System Pages Profile (My-Profile View Task Flow) and User Profile (UserProfile-View TaskFlow) uses different Task Flows for rendering the Profile information. which are Profile View Task Flow and User Profile Task Flow. Both uses the orgBreadCrumb Declarative Component for rendering the orgBreadCrumb.
- User Profile Snapshot is a different Task Flow introduced as part of 12c that maybe you are using in some of your pages and you want.
So, please confirm if I am wrong. You are trying to do the following:
- You want to keep the OrgBreadcrumb in the System Pages (Profile, User Profile), but non-clickable.
- You want to expose OrgBreadcrumb in the Profile Snapshot Task Flow.
Sorry for confusion. I have screen shot just to remove all confusion. This sceen shot is just for reference. You see blue color rectangle painted. That is the place currently we are getting the name breadCrumbs showing up as below. its basically just a ORG hierarchy
Sam-> Tom -> Joe ( assuming Joe has logged in )
currently, Sam , Tom and Joe are all hyperlink ( clickable ). We do not want Mr Joe be able to click Tom and Sam and view their profiles.
We want to keep the breadCrumbs being shown as is. We simply want to remove the hyperlinks. Thats it.
where ( which taskflow ) do we go to just make it non-hyperlink ? (we just cannot see View Actions menu)
I made some Proof of Concept in my 22.214.171.124 Virtual Machine and this is what I found.
Sharing knowledge / Concepts:
- User Profile and Profile page uses underneath a custom Taglib - ADF Declarative Component to render the BreadCrumb which is called orgBreadCrumbs
- This Taglib is part of the people-connections-profile-taglib.jar library
- Internally it uses an af:breadCrumb and a af:commandNavigationItem to render the items which are clickable.
About using Administration Console to Customize orgBreadCrumbs:
- By trying using the Administration Console you will find nearly impossible to make the change you are looking for. At least, I could not make it in 10 minutes .
- (Best Option): Convince your client for living with the Links clickable, easier for you and I think it is not a major issue.
- (If you cannot change the requirement): Then you need to do the Customisation manually and deploy it to WebCenter MDS by using JDeveloper
- Prepare a Customisation Project https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webcenter/learnmore/wcptaskflowcustomization12c-2994486.pdf
- Copy the people-connections-profile-taglib.jar as part of the classpath of your customisation project.
- Using the JDeveloper in customisation mode, mark the commandNavigationItem rendered as false and add an af:outputText which value is the name of the row.
- Deploy to the WebCenter MDS your seeded customisations.
I hope this information helps you.