Can you elaborate better your question? It is a bit difficult to follow what are you trying to achieve.
Can we make API calls in WebCenter portal to fetch the data from Loyalty cloud System and use some validations?
- You can call Loyalty Cloud API from Oracle WebCenter Portal On-Premise or On-Cloud always as any other API. The only requirement is networking visibility and secuirty. What I do not know is where, when or how do you want to make this integration.
When the user wants to login to a portal, like a UserName and a Password from Loyalty Cloud System.
What do you want to do exactly here?. Get information of Loyalty based on the User ID logged in?
- Oracle WebCenter Portal uses a LDAP as Identity Store which is configured in Oracle WebLogic Server as the first Authentication provider. (This is independently of Cloud or Non-Cloud).
- You can execute code after Login using:
- ADF/JSF Phase Listener.
- Java Filter / Servlet.
- Custom Login Page with Custom Task Flow..
- On Load page event.
Thanks for the reply.
Basically, We are looking to build Portal for Loyalty Cloud System
for B2C case for Loyalty application which has below requirements :
1. The user can log in to the portal using his loyalty cloud member details.
2. If he is not a member he should sign up for Loyalty Cloud System.
2. The user should be able to see the contact/member details which we should fetch from Loyalty System based on the User ID logged in.
3. The user should be able to create Redemption transactions to redeem his points against redemption catalog.
4. The user should be able to perform point purchase/transfer, etc..
As You mentioned WebCenter Portal uses an LDAP as Identity Store which is configured in Oracle WebLogic Server as the first Authentication provider that Identity management authentication we don't want as a new member should also be able to sign up, Can we disable it and validate the details against Loyalty Cloud for authentication to log in to a portal(Can we create custom Log in page)?
Basically, Want to create a custom login page which will validate against a member of the Loyalty Cloud system.
And for new member sign up we should take some basic information and Should be able to create a member in Loyalty?
We want to use WebCenter Portal Cloud Service.
As a new to WebCenter Portal, Not sure can we achieve this?
Hi again and thanks to clarify.
Oracle Loyalty Cloud is a SaaS application which runs its own internally repository of users.
Oracle WebCenter Portal Cloud uses OUD (Oracle Unified Directory) underneath for users repository (LDAP).
The best solution from my point of view:
Oracle Loyalty Cloud offers two REST APIs (https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/loyalty/19b/index.html)
- The specific for Loyalty
- The Common API
In the SaaS common API you will find an endpoint for administrating Users from your Oracle Cloud SaaS platform.
Develop and build a schedule task using the programming language / framework you most like for synching your SaaS - WCP Cloud Identity Sotres.
- Retrieve the User information from the SaaS API Users Endpoint
- Create/Update using OPSS API, or WebLogic API (JNDI) users in the default Identity Store.