7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2019 10:44 AM by Gianni Ceresa

OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964

Hi Experts,

Anyone implemented

OBIA 796: Support of BI Applications 7.9.6.3 & 7.9.6.4 with OBIEE 12.2.1(12C) ( Doc ID 2087632.1  ) Dual headed

Planning to install and upgrade

OBIEE 11.1.1.9.x

OBIEE 12.2.1.4.o

OBIA 7964

sql server

informatica 10.1

dac 11g

on windows server 2012 r2

could you please share suggestions!!

• 1. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964
          Christian Berg

That will work fine since OBIEE has zero actual dependency on the other software componenta of OBIA

• 2. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964

Thanks for your reply Christian!!!

Here we are install

OBIEE 11.1.1.9.0 with OBIA 7964--> Machine A

OBIEE 12.2.1.4.0 ---->Machine B

1)both machines are connecting with the same database(Sql Server), the one point I dont understand BI apps installation we done with Machine A, Machine B has bi apps object (RPD and Catalog) how that can be deal even machine doesn't have apps installation ?

2) Can I directly connect with the DB using OBIEE 12c ( I have RD, Catalog, users and groups) without obia 7964 and obiee 11g?

Thanks!!

• 3. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964
              Christian Berg

3808468 wrote:

the one point I dont understand BI apps installation we done with Machine A, Machine B has bi apps object (RPD and Catalog) how that can be deal even machine doesn't have apps installation ?

The objects will simply run on 12.2.1.4 and not 11.1.1.9. You migrate them over

3808468 wrote:

2) Can I directly connect with the DB using OBIEE 12c ( I have RD, Catalog, users and groups) without obia 7964 and obiee 11g?

In your phrase "OBIEE 12c" replaces "obia 7964 and obiee 11g". Again OBIA is nothing but a bunch of software components slapped together and delivered with pre-configured content.

From the analytical point of view it's OBIEE can connect to anything you need.

• 4. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964
                Gianni Ceresa

3808468 wrote:

A side note on this: technical solutions can be different than licensing. You would still need the OBIA license to use it's content.

Just adding this as somebody in the past asked here if it was possible to just copy the whole content out and stop paying an OBIA license by using OBIEE directly.

Hopefully not something you are thinking about and therefore you can forget this comment

• 5. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964

How do I check these license thing, using oracle ( to check ?

• 6. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964

what does it mean

" Oracle Human Resources Analytics Fusion Edition - Application User Perpetual"

Is it realted to OBIEE or OBIA license ?

• 7. Re: OBIEE 12c With OBIA 7964
                      Gianni Ceresa

Honestly when it's about licensing it's a nightmare: having an OBIA license doesn't mean you also have a support contract for it etc.

The best way to figure out would be to ask the person in your company in charge of contracts and licensing of the Oracle tools: hopefully there is somebody having that role and he is aware if what you have or not.

Otherwise Oracle could tell you, if you ask to your account manager. But be ready to have them wanting to sell you that if they have the impression you are using things without required licenses.