2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2019 10:02 AM by rooim

    Change the type of a PK-column (in Design A) that is used as a FK in a table from another Design (Design B) is not handled correctly in Datamodeler 18.4

    rooim

      We are testing SQL Datamodeler 18.4 and think we are hitting a bug.

       

      Our test is covering the following:   "Change the type of a PK-column (in Design A) that is used as a FK in a table from another Design (Design B)".

       

      We change the domain on a PK column, save Design A and commit that change to our Subversion system. As soon as we open Design B - with the FK that references the changed PK - the referenced table is being synchronized with the change of that PK column.

      So far so good. The FK column is also changed in the Subview that is shown in Datamodeler. So al looks good.

      But when we save Design B, to commit those changes to Subversion, the only Pending Change we see, is the change on the referenced table and NOT the change on the table with the FK column.

       

      When we look into the underlying XML file of that table, we see no change. The <domain></domain> is still filled with the former value of the referenced PK column.

       

      As soon as we change something else on the tabel in Design B, and again save that design, the domein-TAG in that table-XML is adjusted. Now we can commit this change to Subversion.

       

      We think that making a dummy-change to our table in Design B, to get this kind of change into subversion, is a bug that will make it difficult for us to keep our Designs synchronized.