3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 4:30 PM by Sasha Gomanuke

DatePicker:  just click and return!

Sasha Gomanuke

Here You are guys a one more terrible place of APEX.

DatePicker.

When it has Time format it doesn't return a value when users choose a date. So they need to click Close button.

When it has Date format it works.

Would You advice, how is it possibly to correct it?

• 1. Re: DatePicker:  just click and return!
          fac586

Sasha Gomanuke wrote:

Here You are guys a one more terrible place of APEX.

DatePicker.

When it has Time format it doesn't return a value when users choose a date. So they need to click Close button.

When it has Date format it works.

Would You advice, how is it possibly to correct it?

It is correct. How could users enter the time if the dialog closed as soon as they pick the date?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DatePicker:  just click and return!
            Mint-Innit

Whilst it behaves as it does for logical reasons, as indicated above. I've also had users complain about the same thing. In fact the standard UI for picking the time is clunky and users didn't like it.

In the end I changed my forms to separate the date and the time. The users pick the date from the normal date picker, and the time using Daniel Hochleitner's Clock Picker Plugin

I tried many plugins and that one seemed the most familiar to most people, and I've not had any complaints about it yet.

So, my point (eventually) is that if the standard APEX UI isn't working for you then you can usually find some other way.

Cheers.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: DatePicker:  just click and return!
              Sasha Gomanuke

They prefer current default time. But it doesn't matter.