4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2019 11:48 AM by Milan M.

Oracle Hotel Mobile not working

Milan M.

Hi

I am having problems to make Hotel Mobile working. It was my 1st installation, and I followed up all instructions from official installation file, but i cant connect to property from phone or tablet. We have purchased SSL certyficate and activated licences and everything. Maybe someones PmsApiConfig.config file if its working, so i could compare data, would also bee very helpful

When i examine logs, i discovered that client is requesting some temporary verification code, which it cannot read and it resets my connection, or maybe i could be wrong...Is there some other ports other than 443 that i should open on firewall? Anyway here is the log

stamp="2019-04-18T23:07:34.9991865+02:00(7)"

level="ERROR"

location="Login error Client = 46.161.105.51 Page = /RestAPI/ms_oauth/oauth2/endpoints/oauthservice/tokens"

message=" Exception has occurred: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at PmsApi.Opera5Provider.operaV5Security.SecurityService.LoginAppUser(LoginRequest LoginRequest)

at PmsApi.Opera5Provider.PmsFunctions.Opera5Wrapper.LoginAppUser(String userName, String password, LoginRequest loginRequest)

at PmsApi.Opera5Provider.PmsFunctions.Opera5ProviderImplementation.EmployeeLogin(EmployeeAuthentication request)

at PmsApi.Service.Controllers.EmployeeController.PerformLogin(EmployeeAuthentication employeeAuthentication, Boolean& authorized)

at PmsApi.Service.Controllers.EmployeeController.CreateMobileClientVerificationCode(VerificationCodeRequest verificationCodeRequest)

InnerException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)

at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

• 1. Re: Oracle Hotel Mobile not working
          Suzzette-Oracle

Hi Milan,

Good day. The procedure for any issues found during the installation is to raise an SR so Oracle Support team to assist. Have you raise an SR for this issue found?

There are several factors that can be identified on why you can't connect and thorough investigation is needed. Allow me to give the possible troubleshooting that you can follow for the error you specified in this forum.

Make sure that your PmsApiXMLConfig.config file for Opera 5 is correct

• Request Code: no specifications, but no space, no special character
          • Property Code: OPERA 5 Property Code
          • PmsType: Opera5 for OPERA 5
          • Interface URL: URL of OWS
          • Channel: O2G for OPERA 5

In Hotel Mobile setting, make sure that it matches the codes placed in PmsApiXMLConfig.config

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Suzzette

• 2. Re: Oracle Hotel Mobile not working
            Milan M.

Thank You Suzzette

You just did copy-paste of opera mobile installation document, which i did properly, as I mentioned before. I kinda hoped that someone who make this work will see this post and give me guidelines to solve this problem, since Oracle official documentation is obviously incorrect or incomplete, because as i could see a lots of people is struggling to make this work as it should.

Kind regards

• 3. Re: Oracle Hotel Mobile not working
              Suzzette-Oracle

Hi Milan,

Indeed that I copied the instruction from Hotel Mobile installation document. There were also previous installation who had the same error that you have because PmsApiXMLConfig.config file is not properly updated; instead of updating the Opera line, the installer updated the Suite8 line in the file. Another issue is that in Hotel Mobile setting: The code { } is the request code from PmsApiXMLConfig.config but some installers used the property code. So, I think it is worth reviewing all of these to check if you really had everything right during the installation.

We recently released a new Installation and Configuration guide for Hotel Mobile which you can check in Oracle Hospitality Doc with current section for Troubleshooting. Link to the document.

Thank you and regards,

Suzzette

• 4. Re: Oracle Hotel Mobile not working
                Milan M.

OK, all those things are OK. request code is same i pmsApiconfig file and in Hotel Mobile app. Thing i did, i asked hotel IT to turn off firewall(just for testing purposes) and now i get following error. I am trying to log in with Opera Supervisor Account. What am I missing here?

stamp="2019-04-23T13:37:56.4768517+02:00(7)"

level="ERROR"

location="Login error Client = 79.143.111.227 Page = /RestAPI/ms_oauth/oauth2/endpoints/oauthservice/tokens"

message=" Exception has occurred: Authentication succeeded but user has no permissions to use the app

at PmsApi.Opera5Provider.PmsFunctions.Opera5ProviderImplementation.EmployeeLogin(EmployeeAuthentication request)

at PmsApi.Service.Controllers.EmployeeController.PerformLogin(EmployeeAuthentication employeeAuthentication, Boolean& authorized)

at PmsApi.Service.Controllers.EmployeeController.CreateMobileClientVerificationCode(VerificationCodeRequest verificationCodeRequest