8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2019 12:57 PM by 3857532

B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus

Dear Sir/Mam,

We have configured Oracle B2B with Argus safety system. When we try to send the an XML report to sender, B2B is Picking the file from OUT folder but throwing below error and not showing the file in B2B reports section.

XML generated from Argus application is a standard R3 XML and all identifiers are seems to be same as B2B partner list.

** Scope Id: BpSeq0.3

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.329 UTC,

** Audit Message: Error in evaluate <from> expression at line "126". The result is empty for the XPath expression : "/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutbound/ns4:msgId".

** Audit Detail:

<B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/db/top/B2B_DBAdapter"/>

** Audit Event Attributes:

** wikey: 70010-BpAss1-BpSeq0.3-4

** label: AssignJMSProperties

** state: 1

• 1. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus
          Martien van den Akker

Hi,

This error is related to a BPEL process, not B2B. I expect that above or below this error there are details of the particular BPEL process.

Having that BPEL process you'll find an assign statement around line 126, consisting of one or more <copy> rules. The copy rule around line 126 has at that line a from clause with a xpath expression " /ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutbound/ns4:msgId". Now, in the above error, it seems that the message that is used as input for this xpath expression is empty. BPEL by default requires that the xpath in the from clause has a result.

In your case: validate if it is correct that this message can be empty. If so, go to the design tab of the BPEL process, find and open the Assing and select the particular copy rule. Right-click on it and select the option "IgnoreMissingFromData". See for example: https://www.albinsblog.com/2014/07/suppressing-selection-failure-exception.html

This can be repetative: there might be more copy rules suffering from this empty message.

If the message shouldn't be empty then make sure it is and/or handle accordingly.

Regards,
          Martien

• 2. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus

Hi Martien,

Thank you for your reply.

Here are few more details about the issue.

I agree, the issue is related to BPEL process but these were created by Oracle itself.

We use a Oracle product called Argus and integrated with Oracle B2B (All Inbound and Outbound process are created using the jar files created by Oracle.
            I just deployed the jar files in em and not sure how/where to update the information as you suggested since i do not have see any files as suggested in other forums in my deployment. 

The XML files which need to be transmitted to partner also created by Argus application as per standards.

Please guide me if this BPEL can be updated to rectify this error.

Many Thanks,
            Kranthi

• 3. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus
              Martien van den Akker

Hi,

I don't know about the product, and the accompanying BPEL processes. Just googled Oracle Argus, and found Oracle Argus - Overview | Oracle

Gives me a bit of context. But, still it gives me near to none info on the architecture nor the issue.

I don't know if there are others in the community that knows it.

I'd investigate which parts (BPELs) are out of the box. For those I would ask Oracle Support. But, I'd also try to find out if it is normal that the B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection variable is empty. Open and investigate the flow trace: there might be a transformation that results in an empty document, where there is an input. This might be due to an invalid xml, maybe because of a slightly faulted namespace.

Regards,
              Martien

• 4. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus

Hope below diagram helps to understand the environment.

B2B BPEL issue.png

1) As per diagram the BPEL process is created by deploying sca_AS_BPEL_Outbound_rev1.0.jar

Please refer below link

https://docs.oracle.com/health-sciences/argus-safety-811/AEOAO/btwob.htm#AEOAO731

Deployed Adapters looks like this in environment.

BPEL.png

2) The source XML is generated by Argus application by referring the data from Argus database and all generated XML has no missing values.

3) We are not aware of the process of checking the B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection value(File names or path in B2B application etc..)

below details of issue from the log file while processing the XML from the beginning.

-------------------------------

** Scope Id: 0

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.314 UTC

** Audit Message: New instance of BPEL process "1.0" initiated (# "AS_B2B_BPEL").

** Audit Detail: null

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.315 UTC

** Audit Message: Updated variable "InputFileName"

** wikey: 70010-BpRcv0-BpSeq0.3-1

** to: InputFileName

** label: receiveInput

** Audit Message: Received property "jca.file.FileName", value is "Connectivity Test v4.xml".

** Audit Message: Received "Read" call from partner "AS_FileAdapter"

** Audit Detail: com.collaxa.cube.engine.audit.AuditVariableWrapper@40aff418

** state: 5

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.316 UTC

** Audit Message: Updated variable "InvokeDBAdapter_B2B_DBAdapterSelect_InputVariable"

** wikey: 70010-BpAss0-BpSeq0.3-2

** to: InvokeDBAdapter_B2B_DBAdapterSelect_InputVariable

** label: AssignFileName

** Audit Message: Completed assign

** wikey: 70010-BpAss0-BpSeq0.3-2

** label: AssignFileName

** Audit Message: Started invocation of operation "B2B_DBAdapterSelect" on partner "B2B_DBAdapter".

** wikey: 70010-BpInv0-BpSeq0.3-3

** label: InvokeDBAdapter

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.327 UTC

** Audit Message: Invoked 2-way operation "B2B_DBAdapterSelect" on partner "B2B_DBAdapter".

** Audit Detail: <messages>

<InvokeDBAdapter_B2B_DBAdapterSelect_InputVariable><part name="B2B_DBAdapterSelect_inputParameters" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><B2B_DBAdapterSelect_pi_message_idInputParameters xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/db/top/B2B_DBAdapter">

<pi_message_id>Connectivity Test v4.xml</pi_message_id>

</B2B_DBAdapterSelect_pi_message_idInputParameters></part></InvokeDBAdapter_B2B_DBAdapterSelect_InputVariable>

<InvokeDBAdapter_B2B_DBAdapterSelect_OutputVariable><part name="B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/db/top/B2B_DBAdapter"/></part></InvokeDBAdapter_B2B_DBAdapterSelect_OutputVariable></messages>

** wikey: 70010-BpInv0-BpSeq0.3-3

** partnerWSDL:

** label: InvokeDBAdapter

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.329 UTC

** Audit Message: Updated variable "InvokeJMS_Produce_Message_InputVariable"

** to: InvokeJMS_Produce_Message_InputVariable

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.329 UTC

** Audit Message: Error in evaluate <from> expression at line "126". The result is empty for the XPath expression : "/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutbound/ns4:msgId".

** Audit Detail:

<B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/db/top/B2B_DBAdapter"/>

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.339 UTC

** Audit Message: The following exception occurred while attempting to execute operation copy at line 123

** Audit Detail:

<bpelFault><faultType>0</faultType><selectionFailure xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/business-process/"><part name="summary"><summary>The &lt;from> value is invalid.

The result of from-spec is null.

Either the from node value or the xpath query in the from node value was invalid.

According to BPEL4WS spec 1.1 section 14.3, the from node value should not be empty. Verify the from node value at line number 126 in the BPEL source.

</summary></part><part name="activity"><activity>70010-BpAss1-BpSeq0.3-4</activity></part><part name="payload"><payload>

&lt;B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/db/top/B2B_DBAdapter"/></payload></part><part name="query"><query>/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection/ns4:B2BArgussafetyOutbound/ns4:msgId</query></part><part name="lineNumber"><lineNumber>126</lineNumber></part></selectionFailure></bpelFault>

** state: 4

** Scope Id: BpPrc0.1

** Audit Event Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:07:42.349 UTC

** Audit Message: "BPELFault" has not been caught by a catch block.

------------------------------->

Sorry if I am not providing the information in the context of Development. We do not develop any of the applications mentioned in the environments but does integration of oracle systems.

Kindly let me know is there any way to check the values of B2BArgussafetyOutboundCollection variable if adopters are created by other company (Oracle).

Thanks,
                Kranthi

• 5. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus
                  Martien van den Akker

Hi Kranthi,

You state that ABC.XML that is send by the Argus application "contains all the tags". How did you notice?

If you click in EM on the "Flow Instances" tab, you can see the latest flow instances. If you click on one of the instance id's, you can open the instance, and either click on the Audit Trail or the Flow tab. the Flow tab is the easiest. Click on the first Receive activity. Do you see the message as expected? It should show the message as it is send by Argus.

Then you can follow the flow and introspect every activity. Propably at one point the result of an assign/transformation is empty, while the input message has content. This means that the message as is handled by the BPEL process is not as expected.

Since the BPEL composites are delivered by Oracle, I think you should have them look into it. Since I don't have access and knowledge of it, it's hard for me to debug via this thread. If I could access your system I could investigate and I'm sure I can deduct where it goes wrong. But then: what would I do about it? I would not be the person to solve the problem. I could repair it and then it would work. But what if you get a new version by Oracle?

So, I think you should raise a Service Request.

Regards,

Martien

• 6. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus

Thanks Martien,

I raised a SR with Oracle and lets see what happens.

Will write back to you once the issues is resolved

Regards,

Kranthi

• 7. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus
                      Martien van den Akker

I'm indeed very much interested in feedback.

By the way: I could help with repairing, but it seems to me more a consulting job rather then give some advise to get you on the way. And as said, it seems something for Oracle to do, as I understand it.

Regards,
                      Martien

• 8. Re: B2B error when transmitting E2B files from Argus

No Problem Martien,

Thanks for your time.

regards,

Kranthi