Are you a data whiz with a passion for environmental sustainability? Our clean transportation and energy consulting firm—Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA)—is seeking a full-time marketing database manager. Your core areas of expertise should include:
- Eloqua marketing automation software
- Salesforce CRM
- Microsoft SQL
At GNA, helping our customers achieve their clean transportation and energy goals is our main priority. We are inspired by knowing that as we work to expand the clean transportation market, we improve national energy security, create US jobs, improve air quality for communities, and aid our customers in reducing their operating costs. We thrive on developing new and innovative solutions for each of our clients’ unique needs, which makes our work both exciting and challenging. To be successful, we adhere to a simple plan. We hire employees with a specific combination of qualities—integrity, passion, curiosity, and a constant drive to improve the world around them.Your primary responsibilities will be managing our database of 200,000+ contacts—government agencies, technologies companies, alternative fuel infrastructure developers, vehicle fleet managers, investors, and more—and providing strategic support for our audience development activities (e.g., outreach list building, campaign analysis). Your work must reflect an understanding for how the data will ultimately be leveraged for marketing and outreach work. For the right ambitious, smart, “get-it-done” individual, this role provides an exceptional opportunity for growth.You will report directly to the Vice President of Communications & Marketing. You will manage and assign tasks to a part-time database coordinator.General Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases, including data acquisition, updates, user management, new employee database training. Databases include Salesforce, Eloqua, and Cvent.
- Develop and recommend strategies/best practices for GNA’s data management that meet the needs of all business stakeholders. Continually research and evaluate new methods to expedite and increase efficiency.
- Data entry including keeping projects and large amounts of data organized from project start to finish.
- Prepare reports based on database queries.
- Keep confidential lists and documentation organized and current.
- Train new employees/users on how to effectively use the GNA database for their individual business needs.
- Administer GNA user accounts and access levels.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance initiatives (e.g., bounced and duplicate record clean up).
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Communications & Marketing to proactively research targeted outreach lists for GNA’s conferences and client projects, including fleet managers and end-users from the aviation, marine, rail, mining and E&P industries.
- Manage the segmentation, tracking and analysis of on- and off-line marketing campaigns (mail, email, phone, and voicemail campaigns).
- Manage the back-end integration of contact forms, registration and subscription data with our Eloqua marketing software.
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases.
- Perform data extraction and lead generation in support of targeted marketing efforts.
- Manage a weekly campaign analysis report on behalf of the marketing team.
- Conduct and interpret analysis and metrics on various data sources, including GNA and competitor event attendance lists, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, math or related experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and produce deliverables as directed.
- The judgment to prioritize tasks based on competing priorities and to request help when needed.
- Ability to communicate information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand the mission and principles of the firm and be committed to continual learning about the projects and clients we represent.
- Knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite and ACT!
- Ability to recognize inaccurate data, language, syntax, or tags in database and correct as needed.
- Must have a foundation level understanding of how to executive Microsoft SQL queries to perform custom data analysis and reports.
- Able to acquire new computer and administrative skills as needed.
- Administrative background with interest in environmental and/or marketing issues.
- Ability to work extended hours and attend events as needed.
- A high energy level—you will be handling repetitive tasks including large amounts of data (e.g., marketing outreach and event registration lists).
- Some occasional travel may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The position will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package that includes a base salary with the opportunity for a bonus based on performance and results produced.
Full benefits package including medical, dental, and disability insurance. We also offer a 401k plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and an email containing available start date and a short statement of no more than 150 words describing why they are an ideal candidate for this position. Please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Database Manager, Communications & Marketing.” You may also send your application packet by U.S. mail or submit it in person at our Santa Monica, CA offices at 2525 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to their race, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.