10 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2019 8:49 PM by 3929592

EBS Error Displaying a Page

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get to the home pageof EBS logged in as the OPERATIONS schema but having the following error:

Error Page

You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact your System Administrator for assistance.

How do I implement the following recommended workaround?

SOLUTION

1. Download and review the readme of Patch 16091678.

2. Apply the patch in a test instance after a backup and re-test.

3. Apply the patch to other instances the same as needed.

Workaround

NOTE: Updating Application tables from sqlplus is not supported. 
      For the user(s) effected with the error, the following SQL can be run to update the missing value causing the java.lang.NullPointerException:

SQL> update FND_USER_PREFERENCES set PREFERENCE_VALUE='NtfSubject,' where USER_NAME='<username>' and PREFERENCE_NAME='ADVANCED_WL_SORT_PREF';
      SQL> commit;

Replace '<username>' with the actual username in the FND_USER table.

Thanks a lot,

• 1. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page
          VishnuVinnakota

Hello,

So you are getting this error only when you log as specific user? They enable diagnostics at user level for this user and see whats the error related to. Then try to fix it.

The questions are confusing. Why do you want to apply this workaround firstly and how is it related to user?

Thanks,

Vishnu

• 2. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page

Hello Vishnu,

Thanks for chiming in! The error is for all DEMOusers, I was mostly wondering about how to run the query indicated in the workaround solution.

Broadly speaking, is there a way that you can give me the steps, in the command line, say for the OPERATIONS user? For instance, how to log in the database and run the script.

I am using the VISION instance and the EBS version is 12.2.6.

Please, let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again,

• 3. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page
              mdtaylor

Ask your DBA if they can login to this Vision instance as SYSADMIN.  I suspect he cannot successfully. If SYSADMIN login also fails, then the upgrade of the 12.2.0 installation to 12.2.6 was not successful.

If he can, tell him to set the user profile options FND: Diagnostics for OPERATIONS user, then paste in the java stack trace that appears when you reproduce the error and see a click here for details link.

Error Page : You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance. (Doc ID 297176.1)

12.2 E-Business Suite Applications Framework User Login Page Fails With Error 'You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact your System Administrator for assistance' (Doc ID 2443628.1)

EBS 12.2.7 Login error: You Have Encountered An Unexpected Error. Please Contact Your System Administrator For Assistance. (Doc ID 2361538.1)

• 4. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page

Hello MdTaylor,

Thank you for your input! I was away and just got back. I wanted to implement the solution that you provided, However, I am still cutting my teeth on Oracle EBS and would like to ask for your guidance or that of any other expert reading the current post..

Given that I am able to log into the console using the URL http://apps.example.com:8000/ as SYSADMIN, I was wondering if you could give me the steps to follow.

Just to re-set the stage, I updated the JDK version and even changed the browser to Firefox, the only change that stemmed from this was that for the SYSADMIN user the error has disappeared. Also, it's worth noting that for the user OPERATIONS user, I can access the Tax Regimes and the Payments Manager portals. For the Home, Documents, Administration, Profitability Manager, Profitability Business, Profitability Manager, Profitability Documents, and Profitability Administration, the error is "Error Page : You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance" and as follows:

for Payables Invoices and Receivables Transactions. The only accessible portals for the OPERATIONS user re Tax Regimes and Payments Manager,

One more thing, it is possible to implement the solution through the command line? If yes, how?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,

• 5. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page

There were some typos in my previous post. I am correcting them and uploading the post again here.

Hello MdTaylor,

Thank you for your input! I was away for some days and just got back.

I wanted to implement the solution that you provided, However, due to the fact that I am still cutting my teeth on Oracle EBS, I would like to ask for your guidance or that of any other expert reading the current post.

Given that I am able to log into the console using the URL http://apps.example.com:8000/ as user SYSADMIN, I was wondering if you could give me the steps to follow.

Just to re-set the stage, I updated the JDK version and even changed the browser to Firefox, the only resulting change was that for the SYSADMIN user, the errors have disappeared and  the portals are now accessible.

Also, it's worth mentioning that for the OPERATIONS user, I can access the Tax Regimes and the Payments Manager portals.

For the Home, Documents, Administration, Profitability Manager, Profitability Business, Profitability Documents, and Profitability Administration, the error is "Error Page : You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance".

The error is as follows:

for Payables Invoices and Receivables Transactions portals. The only accessible portals for the OPERATIONS user are Tax Regimes and Payments Manager,

One more thing, is it possible to implement the solution through the command line? If yes, how?

I would greatly appreciate your/any assistance.

Thanks,

• 6. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page

Hello MdTaylor,

As mentioned, I have downloaded and deployed the J2SE Plugin version 1.8.0_102 to no avail. Also, all the browsers that I am using allow for the Java Applets or their setting s are configured no to cause any issue for Java.

Following is the configuration for IE (Internet Explorer):

When trying to open the Define (Security User) as the SYSADMIN user, I am having the very same error:

What are your thoughts at this point?

Thanks,

• 7. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page
                      mdtaylor

The Vision DEMO instance does not ship with a code signing certificate to open in recent JRE versions.

Please add your domain to Local Intranet sites in IE in Tools->Options->Security->Local Intranet->Advanced->Sites.

Then add your URL (host:port) to Java Control Panel Security Site Exception List) as administrator.

Then the forms should open.

Deploying JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 393931.1)

R12: Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite (Doc ID 389422.1)

Enhanced Jar Signing for Oracle E-Business Suite (Doc ID 1591073.1)

http://expertoracle.com/2014/03/27/importing-java-code-signing-certificate-into-oracle-ebs-r12-1r12-2/

• 8. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page

Hello expert MdTaylor,

I diligently and without delay deployed the solution that you recommended. There appears to be no change as shown below.

The only portals opening are Profitability Process and Profitability Document. All others are showing the same error page "You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact your System Administrator for assistance" while two are neither throwing a message nor opening.

Internet Options (I am using IE)

Java

Now that at least the java-related error is gone, what could be missing here?

Thanks,

• 9. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page
                          mdtaylor

I see also in the 12.2.6 Vision apps.example.com demo that the Profitability Manager links are on the home page.  They are obsolete in 12.2 and do not work in that version.

Could not load application module 'oracle.apps.fem.fwk.server.HmpgAM' Error Opening View Concurrent Request Page From User Defined Responsibility in 12.2 (Doc ID 1645275.1)

Form Function FEM_VIEW_REQUESTS Not Available for Responsibility (Doc ID 2251712.1)

R12 Profitability Manager (PFT) and Oracle Enterprise Performance Foundation (FEM) Obsolescence Information (Doc ID 1594065.1)

• 10. Re: EBS Error Displaying a Page

Hello MdTaylor,

Thanks for your input, it really helped.

Your expertise in Oracle E-Business Suite is highly commendable, my hat goes down to you sir!!!

Thanks again,