6 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2019 9:04 PM by Frank Hoffmann-colognedata

Forms 12.2.1.3 can not distinguish between Mouse-CLICK and Mouse-Double-CLICK and executes WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED two times

Frank Hoffmann-colognedata

Hello All,

one of my customers who migrates from 6i to 12c found out, that Forms 12.2.1.3 does not work correctly handle a When-Button-Pressed Trigger with a mouse-DOUBLE Click on a button.

The behavior in 12.2.1.3 is, that the Code of the button is fired twice. A message or alert could prevent this behavior but would be a bad workaround to add it in every button logic.

You can easily reproduce the case:

Create a form with a simply button.

Add a "When-button-pressed" trigger with "null;" as code

Create a WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK Trigger with "null;" as code

Create a WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-Click Trigger with "null;" as code

Create a debug flag for all triggers.

Start the form and double click on the button.

In 6i the When-Button-Pressed Code is fired once.

in 12.2.1.3 the "When-Button-Pressed Code" is fired twice . Also both Mouse triggers (WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK and the WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-Click fire).

(Probably this is the reason is, that 12.2.1.3 can not distinguish between the Click and the Doubleclick)

Debugging has this sequence:

Doubleclick on the button:

(1) WBP clickcounter := 1

(2) WMC

(3) WBP clickcounter := 2

(4) WMDC

So doubleclick means two times WBP:

I offered the customer to make a quick and dirty workaround by setting a parameter for 1 second with system System.Client_idle to prevent the second call of the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger. This can be added to every WBP Trigger with Forms API Master.

Every WBP Trigger:

if :parameter.form_wbp = 1 then return; else if :cb_workaround = 1 then :parameter.form_wbp := 1; SET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(CLIENT_IDLE_TIME,(1)); end if; end if;

(1) WBP System Client Idle for 1 seconds - Parameter FORM_WBP 1

(2) WMC

(3) WBP return if FORM_WBP = 1 - click_counter := 1

(4) WMDC

Double Click on the Button:

Has anyone a more clever solution? Or is there a way to change the behavior WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED Trigger with a hidden Parameter in the Environment?

Is this a bug or a feature?

Frank