7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2019 11:53 AM by Vinesh Gojadhur

Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1

Mohammad Fawzi

Dears,

We found that many sites having an issue with Check Number/serial reset to 1 , this unexpectedly occurred on symphony 2.7 and other version of simphony.

Those sites using RVC check numbers .

The CAPS installed on PC with high specifications.(SQLEXPRESS 2008)

Is there any idea to prevent this issue ?

With Many Thanks,

• 1. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
          Vinesh Gojadhur

Hi Mohamed,

I know that since Simphony 2.5MR2 there was a bug on the system whereby if you hit the button "Reload Check & Posting Database", this will ultimately reset the check numbers to the original check numbers range configured in RVC parameters.

Can you please check if the site is using this function?

Best Regards

Vinesh

• 2. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
            Mohammad Fawzi

Hi Vinesh,

The customer didn't have this button neither using it.

I think something happened on CAPS machine.

Regards,

• 3. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
              Vinesh Gojadhur

Dear Mohamed,

Noted. On 2.7MR6, i did encountered same and i did run the following script against the "Check and Posting Database" & "Datastore" of the CAPS. Since then, no issue reported.

update CheckPostingDB.dbo.GLOBAL_PARAMETER set DateVal = getdate() where paramcode = 'LAST_WS_DB_UPDATE_TIME'

However the button "Reload Check & Posting Database" is an integrated button found in the PMC module of the POS.

These are the only 2 factors that can cause the check numbers to reset to default (Drop DB on CAPS is also a factor but not really the cause in your situation"

Please send me your email add and i will send you the bat files that i scheduled to run at the client premises.

Best Regards

Vinesh

• 4. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
                Vinesh Gojadhur

Dear Mohamed,

Noted. On 2.7MR6, i did encountered same and i did run the following script against the "Check and Posting Database" & "Datastore" of the CAPS. Since then, no issue reported.

update CheckPostingDB.dbo.GLOBAL_PARAMETER set DateVal = getdate() where paramcode = 'LAST_WS_DB_UPDATE_TIME'

However the button "Reload Check & Posting Database" is an integrated button found in the PMC module of the POS.

These are the only 2 factors that can cause the check numbers to reset to default (Drop DB on CAPS is also a factor but not really the cause in your situation"

Please send me your email add and i will send you the bat files that i scheduled to run at the client premises.

Best Regards

Vinesh

• 5. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
                  Vinesh Gojadhur

Dear Mohamed,

Best Regards

Vinesh

• 6. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
                    Mohammad Fawzi

Dear Vinesh,

We forbid the PMC access from users .

My Email/ Mohamad.fawzi@jds.com.jo

Regards,

• 7. Re: Simphony Check Number/serial reset to 1
                      Vinesh Gojadhur

Email add not good. Mail did not delivered