11 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2019 12:14 PM by nmarz

Oradim for Oracle 18c on Windows Server 2016

nmarz

I installed Oracle 18c on a Windows Server 2016 VM with the following options: Software only, single instance database, Standard edition 2, Use virtual account.

When I try to run ORADIM command to create a database, the command never returns control to the prompt and I have to close it forcedly.

There aren't any error messages in oradim log file, the instance has been created as well as all the related Oracle Services.

The only error I was able to find in Windows Event Viewer is related to Oracle VSS Writer service:

"Volume Shadow Copy Service error: The process that hosts the writer with name Oracle Vss Writer - XXXX and ID {yyy} does not run under a user with sufficient access rights. Consider running this process under a local account which is either Local System, Administrator, Network Service or Local Service."

My understanding is that ORADIM command is not returning because the Vss service start fails, can someone confirm thiscould be the case? Is ORADIM command compatible with virtual user installation and what do I need to do to have it working?