2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2019 5:04 PM by Pete`r

Map a Smartlist in BSO to a dimension in ASO in Data Management

Pete`r

Greetings,

In an EPBCS application, i want to map the smartlist Employee_Type in WFP cube (BSO) to a reporting cube WF_REP (ASO) which has the dimension as Employee Type.

In the data management, i created the target ASO application for WF_REP (ASO). I created the Import format, in which i selected the Target as WF_REP and source as the EPBCS Application.

My question: how can i map the smartlist in BSO to Dimension in the ASO cube in data management as shown in the screen shot as below:

Any suggestion would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Pete`

• 1. Re: Map a Smartlist in BSO to a dimension in ASO in Data Management
          JohnGoodwin

Is there a reason for not using Data Maps? Data Maps have functionality to automatically map smart lists to dimensions, this functionality is not built into Data Management.

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: Map a Smartlist in BSO to a dimension in ASO in Data Management
            Pete`r

Hi John,

For some reason, the data map is not copying the data between the cubes. There were warning messages being displayed for Employee Type and Location Account smartlist accounts as shown below:

I found there were some random values (numerical types) sitting at the Employee Type and location Accounts as shown by the warnings. These random values were sitting at property "Expense Amount", "OWP_Value", which i cleared using a business rule.

FIX ( @RELATIVE ("All Years",0 ), @RELATIVE ("Scenario",0 ), @RELATIVE("OEP_Versions",0 ), @RELATIVE("Total Business Segment",0 ), "OWP_Value", "OWP_Expense Amount", "OWP_Salary Basis" , @RELATIVE("Total Region",0 ), "USD_Reporting", @RELATIVE("Input Currencies",0 ), @RELATIVE("Total Function",0 ), @RELATIVE("OEP_Total Entity",0 ), @IDESCENDANTS("Period"), @IDESCENDANTS("Employee"), @IDESCENDANTS("Job Code") )

CLEARDATA "Employee Type";

CLEARDATA "Location Account";

ENDFIX

After i cleared these values, now the data map is not copying the data. I don't know what is the reason, since "Employee_Type" and "Location Account" smartlists were defined only on "No Property" and Compensation accounts defined at "OWP_Expense Amount". So i was thinking if i could sync the cubes using Data Management.

Is there any other way we can sync the BSO and ASO cubes apart from data maps, in which the smart list maps to a dimension in ASO cube?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Pete`