2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2019 6:43 PM by SUPWH

Children Items with Customized Price & Cost

SUPWH

Hi there -

I have read up on the Configurator tool in JDE E1 and I was wondering if anyone else has used it in a different way. We are a manufacturing company where all of our items are highly customized and so they are all priced different as the time of quote but we use the same item number for ease of the amount of items number we would have to create if we didn't. This is my vision below.

Parent Item 1 (Text Line) Price = $100,000 (Add WO1 & WO2 together. Costs would roll up, too)

----Child 1  WO1     Price = $50,000 

----Child 2   WO2    Price = $50,000 

Same Item Numbers as before but with a different Price

Parent Item 1 (Text Line) Price = $75,000 (Add WO1 & WO2 together. Costs would roll up, too)

----Child 1  WO1     Price = $40,000 

----Child 2   WO2    Price = $35,000 

Price of both of the Work orders would roll together on the text line. Same would want to happen for the cost. That way we can see how much margin we make on the children individually and on the line as a whole.

The trick to this is that we only want the invoice to show the price/item of the text line, not the children.

Is anyone else using the configurator for this or another E1 tool?

• 1. Re: Children Items with Customized Price & Cost
          Akhil Agarwal

Is it a PTO model or an ATO model ?

Is 'Parent Item 1' a standard item or a non bom object / attribute in Configurator ?

Are you using out of the box Invoice print report , or is it customized? If its customized then you may be able to embed this logic there (in the Invoice Print program) ?

Parent Item 1

• 2. Re: Children Items with Customized Price & Cost
            SUPWH

We are just researching this option before we implement anything with the configurator but the ATO model seems to fit our need more.

Parent Item 1 is a standard item right now where we put the child in the BOM which then we now can't label it with a price because we don't want it to go off base pricing we want ti to be the custom price. If I understand your question, we would want the Parent item 1 to be a non-bom object (text line) so then the child items would control the price and cost of the parent. Sorry, if I took that question in the wrong way.

We customize our invoices with an XML template.

Thank you for your time