2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2019 9:27 AM by Savoir

    Data Load Workbench export to excel incorrect amount formatting

    Savoir

      Hello,

       

      i have the following problem and i am hoping that someone will give me some suggestions on how to overcome it:

       

      Steps to reproduce:

        1. Open Data load Workbench, change POV to Location, Period and Category and then export the data to excel(Supposing that there is imported data for this POV).

        2. Open the excel file on the local computer where Windows regional settings Decymal Symbol is setup as comma(,)

        3. When excel file is opened check the amount column values which are not correctly formatted(For example, check row 324 where the amount is formatted as date maj.35 instead of number 5.35)

       

        Note: When Windows regional settings Decymal Symbol is setup as dot(.) the amounts in excel report are displayed correctly.

       

      Now the problem is that in my country Serbia the default Decimal Symbol is comma and that cannot be changed.

       

      On previous version FDQM Classic we did not have this problem.

       

      I also created the SR and oracle told me that this is the expected behavior of the application and that the problem is on Windows/Excel side.

       

      Regards,
      Savo

        • 1. Re: Data Load Workbench export to excel incorrect amount formatting
          JohnGoodwin

          I suspect the issue is the related to the method the excel file is generated, it is not a true excel file as such and is basically a html file, open the file in a text editor and you will see.

          If you are looking to export data you could look at possibly creating a custom script that generates what you are looking for in the correct format, or maybe have a custom app that generates a file though I know it can get messy with the dot and comma so you should keep away from generating a CSV

           

          Cheers

           

          John

          • 2. Re: Data Load Workbench export to excel incorrect amount formatting
            Savoir

            Thanks for the answer John.

             

            You are correct, when i open this .xls file in notepad i can see something like this:

            <html xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><!--[if

             

            And i can see all amounts.

             

            In the previous version FDMC, this file was in .xlsx format and it was not readable.

             

            My first idea is to ask from Oracle ER for this issue, maybe they can fix it. I also had an idea to create custom script and export this data, but this makes things more complicated, as you said..

             

            Thanks and regards,

            Savo