3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2019 8:08 AM by Franck N

IG - Read only link with click on Add Row

medac01

Hello

I have editable IG with a virtual column to link to another page. The link column works fine for all saved records.

But if I want to make the link column available/enable when I click on the 'Add Row' button, link is not available for the new record.

I am trying to use item with 'HTML Expression' for the IG column syntax like below but not working:

<a href="f?p=&APP_ID.:17:&APP_SESSION.::::P17_VENDOR_SEQ_ID:&VENDOR_SEQ_ID." target="_blank"><span class=""></span>Details</a>\\

Here Page 17 is a model page

Appreciate any help on the same.

thank you!

• 1. Re: IG - Read only link with click on Add Row
          Franck N

Hi,

medac01 schrieb:

<a href="f?p=&APP_ID.:17:&APP_SESSION.::::P17_VENDOR_SEQ_ID:&VENDOR_SEQ_ID." target="_blank"><span class=""></span>Details</a>\\

It has all to do with logic here. Basically you want the LInk to be displayed after clicking on add Row  and not save row.

• Your Link is passing the new created Vendor_id to the modal Page:
            • the ID  is generated in the DB after triggering the Save process.
            • why will the link be available to pass a parameter which yet does not exist in the DB?
          • there is nothing wrong with APEX on that level. Any process or behavior regarding a new generated ID from a table should only be available after the ID  value itself is generated.

You might need to review your use case.

regards,

Franck

• 2. Re: IG - Read only link with click on Add Row
            medac01

Hi,

• why will the link be available to pass a parameter which yet does not exist in the DB? -- There is LOV on the IG, user will select value in the LOV and click on link to see some complex value before saving the record. The complex values in the model window are depending on the LOV return ID

thank you!

• 3. Re: IG - Read only link with click on Add Row
              Franck N

Hi,

medac01 schrieb:

Hi,

• why will the link be available to pass a parameter which yet does not exist in the DB? -- There is LOV on the IG, user will select value in the LOV and click on link to see some complex value before saving the record. The complex values in the model window are depending on the LOV return ID

thank you!

How does this change the fact that you are trying to pass a value to another page which does not exist? is it the LOV ID that you are trying to pass to the modal page ? how is the Link Column affected by the USER selection of the drop down List?

regards,

Franck